Introduction

JoeHill3

I am a newby from the Marquette Iron Range of the Upper Peninsula of Michigan and have just started my new hobby.  After looking at 5-6 various forums, I like this one and joined about a week ago.

I bought an Eureka Gold from Tony and have been out several times digging pull tabs, various ferrous trash AND 6, yes, 6 pieces of clad, so
far.  The clad sound much different than everything else I come across, but pull tabs sound like clad.  I got a EG to hunt the goldfields in AZ, AL & CA, and to try the tailings of local hard-rock efforts going back to 1870.  As a practical matter, though, I will be spending a lot of time on coins and jewelry.  Still getting friendly with my EG, trying to learn it's language.
Will report finds as I get them.

My thanks to all of the experienced MDers for sharing their experiences with newbies like me.

Eureka Gold
VibraProbe 560

Welcome to the forum Joe. I'm gonna do some hunting up there this summer. Wonder just how bad the mineralization is going to be :shock: Good luck with the new machine, and I am looking forward to seeing your finds.

Welcome to the forum Joe, I hope you find this to be a friendly and informative link, also we'd love to see your picts of finds. smg

Back
Top Bottom