Is there any value above face for clad Proofs?

turtlefoot

Headstamp Addict
Over the last year, I have pulled 5 "clad" proofs out of circulation. All but one have circulation marks on them, so they are definitely not in proof condition. Is there any value in these above face. I have two nickels, two state quarters and one Sacagawea dollar.

Doug

i would say so. why are 87-d half dollars rare in circulation? because they have low mintages. since proofs have low mintages i would say yes.

I'm sure there is, just not with my LCS, he's only paying .45c, because he has to make some profit. Over the years, I've kept one each of the nicest; dumped the rest.

Someone in a previous post, stated that their local coin dealer would pay him $2 for any Ken proof. But KT has not tried looking up on ebay to see what circulated proofs would sell for....if anything over face. Of course if you see someone listing one for min. bid 50 cents and 4.95 shipping...there's their profit! HA HA

If anyone knows who said that about the Proof Kennedy halves, please PM me. Or if you know anyone who will pay over face for them.

Thanks.

Any dealer I ask says that they are worth exactly 50 cents each. And I have a *bunch* of them.

Are you a member of a local coin club?? If so, you might want to donate some of them to club auctions, profit being given to the beginner collectors...a great way to dispose of them and do a kind turn at the same time.

Also, if you got a lot of them, make sure some of them are not 40% silver proofs! As such, KT might be interested in those...65-70 dates with an S mint and some other years...you have to weigh them to know for certain if they are clad or 40%ers. You need a really good scale that can weigh out in the .000 grams to know for certain.

Back
Top Bottom