• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Today's Civil War Relics - New spot gives up the goods

The Wolf

Elite Member
Headed out today to meet up with forum buddies, Stan (Timber) & Sean
(Dad2kmr). I had a spot in mind for us, but took a different route to get there than I usually do. I saw a guy raking his leaves, so I decided to stop and talk. This area has tons of Civil War activity with trenches and camps all over.

I aksed him for permission, but unfortunately he said no because he didn't own the property. So I said no problem and thanked him for his time. It must have been fate, because as I was pulling out, the neighbor was pulling in. And his property is even better with the original earthworks running down the length of his property. He was a super cool dude, we talked for a while and he gave me the ok to hunt, his phone #, and said to come back anytime. AWESOME!!! Not only that, but he knows the guy that owns the next door property, so that spot may open up soon too. I tested the spot for an hour and a half, then met up with Stan and Sean. I found a 3 ringer, Williams Cleaner, Enfield, Eagle button back, some camp lead, and a tent grommet. Not bad at all for 1.5 hrs.

We hit the other spot and I scored a few more bullets, one of which is a super rare Billinghurst and Requa Battery Gun bullet (solid base 4 ringer), which has been carved. A fired Spencer casing, rivet, iron canister shot, and a brass "whatsit". Any ideas on that piece?

Gotta give props to my new bro Sean. He just started relic hunting and dug a nice complete Scabbard tip today. Maybe he'll post a pic soon.

It was a super day. HH

Attachments

• 1-20-13.jpg
    1-20-13.jpg
    44.7 KB · Views: 550
I'll try to put one up this evening. Gotta email it to my laptop and all that fun stuff. thanks for letting me come along.

No Prob dude. We'll do it again soon. That illusive minnie ball can't hide from you for long.

Back
Top Bottom