Old Gold Ring.

Ant

I found this 14k unmarked band in the San Bernardino Mountains. It was found at an old camp site, down about 6? to 7? in compacted clay and rock. I had it electronically tested and it tested 14k, fits a small ladies finger. It was under 3 bottle caps.

The camp is not too far from the Mormon trail. I'm leaning towards a lost from the mid 40 early 50 because of some other items I found in the area. The other items where only down about 3" or so.

I didn?t actually hunt on the Mormon Trail. The Mormon Trail is not far from the place I hunted. I found this Buzz Henry Ranger Cap Pistol about 10 yards away from the ring. Ranger was Gene Autrey?s horse, like Silver was Roy Rodger?s horse (just thought I?d add that). The cap pistol was down about 3 inches of soil and about 4 of pine needles, 7? total.

I found the ring 10 yards away in a clearing. It came out of the ground as solid ball of rock and clay. I rubbed and broke the clod apart until all I could see was the edge of the band. I said to myself, this looks like a piece of brass pipe. So I decided to poke my screwdriver through the center of the brass pipe.

When I did, the center was knocked out and it looked just like you see on the inside of the band in that picture. Then I knew instantly that it was gold. The only thing I?ve done to it is scrubbed it with a toothbrush in an ammonia solution.

The area caught my attention because it looked like an old logging road intersection. I found another modern day junk ring in the area and lots of bottle caps with cork seals, most of the bottle caps where down 3 to 4 ?. Nothing other than that, I?d say that I only hunted the area for about 4 hours. 

HH

Attachments

• Ring 1.JPG
    Ring 1.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 2,014
  • Ring 2.JPG
    Ring 2.JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,918
Back
Top Bottom