man claims to find 280 gold bars hidden in cave

Of course he's telling the truth.

How many of us would bother with bringing anything back with us? We'd all leave it right there, right?

There’s a legend of lost Mormon gold in Nevada. It was said that Brigham Young sent a wagon full of gold to eastern Nevada near present day Ely NV. I don’t remember all the details other than it was transported south from there toward present day Vegas. Brigham Young thought the Mormons were going to have a skirmish with US cavalry troops. Legend is the transport wagon had problems. The armed guards went for supplies and when they returned days later they found the wagon driver dead and it appeared the transport had issues with the Indians. The gold was never found. This story is in Nevada’s Lost Treasures book.

Delta Utah is near Ely NV.

Tom_in_CA will love this one.

https://azdailysun.com/man-says-he-...cle_03a3bc7b-b065-5503-8e09-acbcff864af7.html

how many believe he actually found what he claims?

You're killing me dude, haha :laughing:

And notice that these clowns always use the past tense "found ", eh ? But when you quiz them on it, it invariably turns out that, ... to them... "found " means to have honed it down to a certain valley, or meadow, or cave, etc... Now it's only a matter of getting heavy equipment or drills to go 6 meters deep. Or draining a swamp. Or overcoming govt. hurdles.

And... sure, they've never seen it so far. But rest assured that it's there, and they "found " (past tense) it. Right ?

That story/link made the rounds awhile back on md'ing forums.

You're killing me dude, haha :laughing:

And notice that these clowns always use the past tense "found ", eh ? But when you quiz them on it, it invariably turns out that, ... to them... "found " means to have honed it down to a certain valley, or meadow, or cave, etc... Now it's only a matter of getting heavy equipment or drills to go 6 meters deep. Or draining a swamp. Or overcoming govt. hurdles.

And... sure, they've never seen it so far. But rest assured that it's there, and they "found " (past tense) it. Right ?

That story/link made the rounds awhile back on md'ing forums.

Tom_In_CA you are right except in "my" case. According to some old maps and stories and even legends there is a cache of
"lost" confederate or Indian gold buried somewhere around Abbotts Bridge in North Atlanta. According to the stories it is near the mouth of a creek buried inside a steep river bank. There are two federal parks on the north and south sides of the bridge, but since I have been in both of those parks, I have "found" that gold.

The only problem is our mean Federal government that makes it a crime to take a metal detector and/or dig in those two parks. This "proves" that the federal government knows the gold is there and does not wish for me to have it.

Well that makes so much sense since the gold may be worth $100,000 and our federal spending budget this year is in the gazillions of dollars and they must protect this cache of gold for financial reasons alone.

Some suspect the government wants to recover this gold and give it to Putin for a return of some favors he provided to someone in the government. I know that is true because I have seen some government trucks in that government park. But I don't believe that, because I just "know" the gold is still there waiting for me to figure out how to recover that gold at night sloshing around on a slippery river bank. There are muskrat holes in the side of the bank in one location and we all know muskrats have a strong inclination for gold coins and all I have to do is excavate some of the 113 muskrat tunnels at night and the gold is mine.

But I did see some foot prints in the mud on the river bank on the south side and that proves to me that Mud Puppy is trying to steal my treasure.

See it wasn't as hard for me to have "found" that missing cache of gold coins as people may believe. I will contact the local news rags with my "true" story and get some publicity. Just a picture of me posing along any river bank with my metal detector will be all the proof the news reporter will need. All I need to figure out why I would even want such publicity. Well maybe I could contact the Discovery Channel and see if they will fund this little expedition for the filming rights. Or start a Youtube channel to film my recovery efforts.

Luckiest dude on Earth: "Hey look what I found!" - runs to media and internets.

Government: "33% of that is ours, thanks bruh."

Archies: "What's yours is ours, eminent confiscation you plebe."

Luckiest dude on Earth: :shock::?::(:mad:

9727.laughing.jpg

... This "proves" that the federal government knows the gold is there and does not wish for me to have it. ....

Maxxkatt, you are MUCH too cruel :hornetsnest::frustrated: You are trying SO hard to entice me into a fight. Right ? :laughing:

Yet .... ironically .... your jesting post goes over as indisputable fact on the "other" forum :roll:

Tom_In_CA you are right except in "my" case. According to some old maps and stories and even legends there is a cache of
"lost" confederate or Indian gold buried somewhere around Abbotts Bridge in North Atlanta. According to the stories it is near the mouth of a creek buried inside a steep river bank. There are two federal parks on the north and south sides of the bridge, but since I have been in both of those parks, I have "found" that gold.

The only problem is our mean Federal government that makes it a crime to take a metal detector and/or dig in those two parks. This "proves" that the federal government knows the gold is there and does not wish for me to have it.

Well that makes so much sense since the gold may be worth $100,000 and our federal spending budget this year is in the gazillions of dollars and they must protect this cache of gold for financial reasons alone.

Some suspect the government wants to recover this gold and give it to Putin for a return of some favors he provided to someone in the government. I know that is true because I have seen some government trucks in that government park. But I don't believe that, because I just "know" the gold is still there waiting for me to figure out how to recover that gold at night sloshing around on a slippery river bank. There are muskrat holes in the side of the bank in one location and we all know muskrats have a strong inclination for gold coins and all I have to do is excavate some of the 113 muskrat tunnels at night and the gold is mine.

But I did see some foot prints in the mud on the river bank on the south side and that proves to me that Mud Puppy is trying to steal my treasure.

See it wasn't as hard for me to have "found" that missing cache of gold coins as people may believe. I will contact the local news rags with my "true" story and get some publicity. Just a picture of me posing along any river bank with my metal detector will be all the proof the news reporter will need. All I need to figure out why I would even want such publicity. Well maybe I could contact the Discovery Channel and see if they will fund this little expedition for the filming rights. Or start a Youtube channel to film my recovery efforts.

I thought you were spinning a load of bunk... until I got to this part:
<<But I did see some foot prints in the mud on the river bank on the south side and that proves to me that Mud Puppy is trying to steal my treasure.>>

That's when I knew you were onto something.

You definitely found it.

Skippy

If he is telling the truth he isn’t a wise person.....

And another odd thing : Why doesn't he just walk out of the wilderness with the bars & guns, one at a time? Eh ?

Oh, let me guess, that constitutes violation of "harvest and remove" from public land. And/or violates cultural heritage laws that might be in place (if, .... heaven forbid, .... the bars were over 50 yrs. old). Well gee, ya gotta hand it to the fellow for being so law-abiding, eh ? :laughing:

I thought you were spinning a load of bunk... until I got to this part:
<<But I did see some foot prints in the mud on the river bank on the south side and that proves to me that Mud Puppy is trying to steal my treasure.>>Skippy

Well, if it was me trying to steal that gold, and I aint saying it wasnt, besides the footprints, there would also be evidence of what would appear to be 'scoop drag' marks right between my footprints...'cept it wouldnt be from dragging no danged scoop! :laughing: It would sort of look like the track what an alligator makes, or a bulldozer dragging a logging chain...very distinctive tracks the Mud-Puppy makes...like a Bigfoot pushing a wheelbarrow full of cement!...Thats how you will know...plus, all your gold would BE stolen...:laughing:..

Last edited:
It's a millionaires geo-cache. When you find it, you have to add another bar of gold to the pile for the next guy :)

Yes, first thing I would have done is let the news get out that I found the bars, the very first thing.... 😂😂

While you guys were busy yakking back and forth, I snuck down to the river bank by the bridge, saw the footprints and a glint of gold coming from the bank....oooh well, finders keepers. Cashing in, think I will get a new truck today....

Back
Top Bottom