Accident at work...

Doebino

Well, I usually get off at 5:30pm. Yesterday I got off at 2:30, and it wasnt because I got to go home either! :lol: Turns out, I accidentally cut myself and had to be rushed to the emergency room...:roll:. Took them 3 hours to get me in an get my stitches, I got 8 stitches in my thumb. I cut myself on accident trying to do something with my knife, it closed abruptly because the lock wasnt fully closed on it. I might not be metal detecting for about two weeks :(..It dosen't hurt thankfully, anyways my thumb is A-ok!

dont ya love getting paid to hurt yourself:roll: work injuries suck. ive broken my wrist,nose,jaw and several fingers at work...cut half my ring finger off,had a peice of 3" copper a 1/8" in diam. lodge its self in my calf and 3 ribs broken when i was hit by a fork truck. id much rather get hurt at work then at home :lol: hope ya heal up soon.

Haha, thanks relichound. The people at the hospital think its funny, because my brother was there just two weeks ago getting 6 stitches in his back! :) haha!

Getting hurt at work sucks.

Going to the hospital and waiting 4-6 hrs for simple treatment isnt right.

When we got cut at work, they sent us to the redi-care clinic.
If you were bleeding you didnt have to wait 2 hrs to be seen.
You got in right away.

Take care folks, stay safe.

Mike

Mmmm, bloody thumb, haha. Don't let it keep you from MDing though... bandage that thing up and get out there!

just gotta remember i cant clean the coins off with it, as it is my right thumb, and im right handed! :lol:

dont ya love getting paid to hurt yourself:roll: work injuries suck. ive broken my wrist,nose,jaw and several fingers at work...cut half my ring finger off,had a peice of 3" copper a 1/8" in diam. lodge its self in my calf and 3 ribs broken when i was hit by a fork truck. id much rather get hurt at work then at home :lol: hope ya heal up soon.

Talk about bad luck!

Sorry to hear you hurt yourself Doebino. Hope it heals quickly. Take it easy for awhile.

HI RelicHound,
Perhaps you have notice that I've posting rarely on the forum. Reason I wanted to carry on with my studies and now I'm preparing my diploma in health and safety management. What I wanted to tell you is that with all those injuries at work... Man you could have become a millionaire. But one thing is for sure injury at work sucks and worst if a duty of care was ommited to you by your employer.
For my part- both ankles broken at work :( (2005 and 2007), roller shutter falling on the neck (thats a close one 1 week coma), severe low back pain during rigging operation, little finger nearly chop off with manhole cover, left eyebrow (two stich). And some people still ask me why I wanted to study occupational health and safety....

HI RelicHound,
Perhaps you have notice that I've posting rarely on the forum. Reason I wanted to carry on with my studies and now I'm preparing my diploma in health and safety management. What I wanted to tell you is that with all those injuries at work...

I wonder if you could sue yourself :)

Could have been worse, I hope it heals up quick. ;)

Pretty, isn't it haha :P. I need to think before I do things.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 151
Thanks RickO. Yeah, Im just glad I didnt lose my thumb. That would have sucked really bad. Anyways. Thanks for your concern :)

Back
Top Bottom