NOX and Bent Nails

5 mile

Forum Supporter
My regular fields are still off limits due to crops, so Ive resorted to lesser productive grounds lately.

Ive been going over those iffy signals but have been coming up with too many bent nails. I have been running park 2, speed 6-7, iron bias 2-3 sometimes higher, multi freq, 50 tones, manual gnd bal about 30, mild loamy soil.

Maybe Im just trying to hard to find a target thats not there.

My regular fields are still off limits due to crops, so Ive resorted to lesser productive grounds lately.

Ive been going over those iffy signals but have been coming up with too many bent nails. I have been running park 2, speed 6-7, iron bias 2-3 sometimes higher, multi freq, 50 tones, manual gnd bal about 30, mild loamy soil.

Maybe Im just trying to hard to find a target thats not there.

Try iron bias0 and 5tones.

setting IB to 0 might help, but remember that EVERY detector has a love for bent nails. I don't dig a huge amount of them with my EQX but I do still get some. Some are targets I'm really stretching for an iffy coin, some are just solid tones that fooled me.

Trash is part of the game.

EDIT - wait, thats backwards. an IB of zero is telling the detector to assume iffy targets are conductors. A high IB would be telling the detector to assume those iffy targets are iron and allow you to disc them out better (with the increased chance of missing co-located coins)

Last edited:
I concure with jason, thhe Ctx is better than most, I've used but the V3i has an analysis screen that pegs iron well.

Have you tried 5 tones? With the Nox’s narrow TID spread, I’ve found that it makes non-ferrous targets jump out at you a lot better than 50 tones.. especially when hunting thick iron or trash. For me, it also makes it easier to differentiate falsing from good targets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5 tones in iron for me. I don't see where the CTX is as good in iron as the Nox. Digging a few pieces of iron is gonna happen with any machine you use in it. Some are better at the iron game though and the Nox is pretty good.

I agree with the above 5 tone comments.
Adjusting tone bins and volume of those bins can really make the desired target stand out.

5 tones in iron for me. I don't see where the CTX is as good in iron as the Nox. Digging a few pieces of iron is gonna happen with any machine you use in it. Some are better at the iron game though and the Nox is pretty good.

Minelabs known for deep nails,bent or straight sounding good.But like you said,what machin don’t false Somtimes on nails

Back
Top Bottom