Island state beach NJ surf report

Yes, a permit is needed. permit is good only until end of calander year regardless of when purchased. I don't rmeber how much it is, but it's inexpensive.

Go to office down by swimming beaches to get the permit.

Yes, a permit is needed. permit is good only until end of calander year regardless of when purchased. I don't rmeber how much it is, but it's inexpensive.

Go to office down by swimming beaches to get the permit.

Permits to MD:?: I guess anyway to make money I guess

No CHARGE

Do you still need to get a permit to MD there ?

Bass - once you enter the gate from seaside park drive 3 miles to the park office.
Make sure you do it on a week day.I don't think there is anyone there on weekends.

There is no CHARGE for the permit.

Yup, no charge for permit. Also metal detecting not allowed on weekends.

Be aware that this time of year the beaches are swarming with striper fisherman and their 4x4s. These guys are generally easy going unless there is a blitz or something happening. If that is going on you need to get out of the way and stay out of the way.

Yup, no charge for permit. Also metal detecting not allowed on weekends.

Be aware that this time of year the beaches are swarming with striper fisherman and their 4x4s. These guys are generally easy going unless there is a blitz or something happening. If that is going on you need to get out of the way and stay out of the way.

or let them get out of the way.:roll:

or let them get out of the way.:roll:

Let them move out of the way? For a guy linking Betty and Nicks that's a fairly uninformed statement.

I would pass on a beach full of striper fisherman. Especially this time of year. These guys have waited all year for this season to get here. They, like us, are hunters. They have invested heavily in time to figure out exactly where and when to fish. They have a forum that makes this place look like a ghost town. Good luck moving them off that spot.

No fee for the permit, restricted to hunts during the week only. I've gone there twice after Labor day and found almost nothing. Good luck to all that are considering a hunt there in the near future.

Let them move out of the way? For a guy linking Betty and Nicks that's a fairly uninformed statement.

I would pass on a beach full of striper fisherman. Especially this time of year. These guys have waited all year for this season to get here. They, like us, are hunters. They have invested heavily in time to figure out exactly where and when to fish. They have a forum that makes this place look like a ghost town. Good luck moving them off that spot.

Linking to Betty and nicks? I have been dropping cash in there for years.
I don't think anyone in there right mind would metal detect in or around a group of people fishing ,do you? Same as if I was there metal detecting first I don't think they would cast a bunker past my face. If i am running the ocean for fish I wouldn't anchor over a wreck next to a dive flag. If the diver was there first More or less a common sense call ,curtsy thing.

As far as uninformed comment I at least knew the permit was free.

Just make darn sure you fill your holes. The last thing a fisherman needs when plugging or slinging lures, is to break or twist his/her ankle due to an unfilled hole while they are moving and casting or fighting a fish.

Linking to Betty and nicks? I have been dropping cash in there for years.
I don't think anyone in there right mind would metal detect in or around a group of people fishing ,do you? Same as if I was there metal detecting first I don't think they would cast a bunker past my face. If i am running the ocean for fish I wouldn't anchor over a wreck next to a dive flag. If the diver was there first More or less a common sense call ,curtsy thing.

As far as uninformed comment I at least knew the permit was free.

Yup, you've got me there.

There was a fight on the beach at Seaside last weekend between two MD. Wasn't you was it? Seriously, nothing would surprise me. And, yes, those fisherman would break the detector over your head if you got in their way. You give me an eye roll, it offends. Deal with it!!

There was a fight on the beach at Seaside last weekend between two MD. Wasn't you was it? Seriously, nothing would surprise me. And, yes, those fisherman would break the detector over your head if you got in their way. You give me an eye roll, it offends. Deal with it!!

No That was not me at seaside fighting.
Tell ya what you deal with the eye roll.
I will deal with the fisherman that breaks my metal detector over my head.

I meet the nicest people when I am out and about with my metal detector.
Always a very pleasant conversation with someone, so I don't see anyone breaking my metal detector over my head anytime soon.:roll:

There was a fight on the beach at Seaside last weekend between two MD. Wasn't you was it? Seriously, nothing would surprise me. And, yes, those fisherman would break the detector over your head if you got in their way. !!

How come we never get to see vids on here of some real beach battles ??

I would pay to see those two matchups :lol:

B.P. I like looking at the beach bunnies better..:grin:

Unfortunately there weren't too many out today..

I did however manage to get her to swing for a little while.. wink :)

361051556_m.jpg

Back on point - The fisherman own the beaches this time of year. These are not your in season just want to get a line wet guys. These are guys who break other fishermen's equipment to get on fish. You can show them courtesy or not. If they are on fish they will not show you any. Especially up in NJAL's neighborhood, Snookiville. Best striper fishing in NJ on those beaches. But, definately a rough neighborhood if it's blitz time. Most likely the constant traffic of 4 wheel drives will be enough to make most of us rethink our hunting plans. But for those who want to give it a shot, just be aware.

Things use to be somewhat more sedate at IBSP. But the Rangers are missing in action this year. A lot going on there that has some of the regulars in a pissy mood. Most of these guys are not a problem.

As for the fight, two morons arguing over the same patch of sand, and then the fists started flying. I guess not the nicest people on the beach? Then again, what else can you expect from a place where 200 people got arrested for fighting on the 4th of July. If you think the fisherman are less likely to throw down, OK, go for it.

Back
Top Bottom