• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

First Beach hunt ( SIESTA BEACH ) 56k connection be warned!

sparkfly88

Went to siesta beach today after owning the detectors for a whole DAY:laughing:

Got some xp in my yard and park, so I decided to try it in wet sand and dry sand.

Getting familiar with the machine in all areas so to speak.

OKAY, so tide was WAY out, so my brother and I were hitting the middle of the board.
First five seconds , I snag a pop top, and a bolt. So hey! they work!;)

Little brother using his 150 was having all sorts of signal issues, and lost targets, etc...I was finding any junk that happened to be there.

Some older gentlemen with a high end detector ( dont remember the brand, the controls were mounted on a tube looking thing ) came over and talked to us, found out what we had found, and I asked if he is ever on any of the forums...He immediatly got really defensive and said he never posted any photos or anything on forums...I was just like...okay.....he said the good finds are up the beach more in the dry sand then went on his way.

After a little while of signals all over the place, more scrap...etc...we decided to give dry sand a go.

It was nice having the detectors quiet for once.
My brother was popping pennies, a nickel, and a dime, right off the bat, while I was hitting bottle caps, fishing leaders, and other foil.:lol:

He ended up being a happy camper at the end of the day:grin:

We spent a total of two hours out there, it rained before the trip, and towards the end we were waiting for either the sun to go down, or another storm to nail us coming from the other side:shock:

Looks like yall had a good time. Thats what its all about

Nice

What better way to spend the day than swinging it with family?
I think you guys should wrap your coil cables around the shaft near the bottom though.

What better way to spend the day than swinging it with family?
I think you guys should wrap your coil cables around the shaft near the bottom though.

According to the interwebz, running it straight up on the ace, till the top, keeps the coil from "seeing" its own wire.

Seems to work, before, if I jiggled the detector, it would beep. Now, it doesnt, unless it finds something:D

that is one my beaches I hunt, let me tell you, that beach is hit by 6 machines a day! EVERYWHERE! it is all about a fresh drop there,,loads of competition and lots of good hunters,,know the guy who you are refering to,,he is grouchy until you get to know him but he is really a nice guy, and believe me,,,he gets alot of stuff,,,he has hunted that beach for almost 30 years,,,learned so much from that guy,,,you are better off to hit dry sand with those machines,,,I am sure he was being helpful in telling you that because of the type of machine,,,he probably didn't stay long because he is busy hunting,,,he just wanted to check you out, keep at it and the goodies will come, HH

only 6 machines?? I'll bet more than that!! You did good for a first hunt. Never had much luck with the ACE in the wet sand. congrats

congrats to both of you, Iam doing a hunt tomorrow afternoon/evening at clearwater beach with another member if he can make it, PM me if you want to join us...GL+HH.....cliff.

Looks like a good time! Ive never seen a coil wire straight like that? I have seen a guy with an upside down coil on an old bounty hunter :laughing:
The ACE doesnt work well in wet sand. Have fun!

Looks like a good time! Ive never seen a coil wire straight like that? I have seen a guy with an upside down coil on an old bounty hunter :laughing:
The ACE doesnt work well in wet sand. Have fun!

I've tried it both ways, and this way seemed to make it more stable.

My 250 was working great in the wet sand, his 150, didn't like it at all.
It was more stable in the dry sand, but as long as I could get a repeated signal in the wetsand, I dug, regardless of the depth. It said 8+ inches on most digs in the wetsand. It would end up being 2-4 inches down.

Back
Top Bottom