time to tumble

Gold Digger 2

Elite Member
Well,,,,,,the season of depositors is coming to a close and the hunting is becoming tougher and tougher,,,,,Dew and I hunted today and after nearly 3 hours, shook our heads and said, nothing happening and time to stop for the day,,,,,came home, took a short nap with the woman boss of the house out for the day and decided to separate coins from the summer,,,,I usually tumble my coins about every six months and today was that day to separate them from May,,,,just amazes me with all the time we spend out there and the amount of holes we dig,,,,of course, you count all the trash that gets thrown away, and add a few tickets to it, just makes you sit in tranquility remembering the day of the summer,,,,I swear, I look at every nickel and think each one of them could have been a heavy band,,,,regardless,,,,it has been a pretty good year given all the competition,,,,,I was amazed that how many nickels I dug this summer,,,,just wish more of them were gold rings,,,:laughing:I am not complaining and have spent hours upon hours out there in the water,,,,I do not dry sand hunt at all in the summer and these were all dug out of the water,,,,Good luck to everyone

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 385
lol, it's funny you should say about tumbling, i'm doing some right now! :lol:
if your coins are out of the water, they shouldn't need very much tumbling, not like the dirt caked stuff i have.

Nice amount of clad there :yes:

They never last me that long, always at the end of the week I turn them in for lottery tickets :D

Salt water really is hard on coins so ya we do need to run them thru. Our coins here are black and crusty and even newer coins turn color when they set. Nice batch of coins. Ive already turned in a coffee can full and got another on its way. Ive separated mine and like you were surprised at how many nickels i have..... makes you wonder how people miss this many when they are looking for gold. Not done a lot of dry sanding either because they was just to many decent days to be in the water.... and there seemed to be a lot more sand diggers in my area this year. Good job on the coins..... you need to take a week off.:laughing:

Dew

From the looks of it, you could have increased your time hunting if you would have decreased the amount of time digging pennies. Time for a different detector, one that can notch out the penny range OR just stop digging that tone if you are to stubborn to get a real detector that has the ability to notch out those pesky pennies....:laughing:

Pennies are a necessity unfortunately....... I'd have 1 oz. less gold this year IF I notched them out. I do pass on them occasionally but not often.

Nice bunch of clad there!

Cliff

Well,,,,,,the season of depositors is coming to a close and the hunting is becoming tougher and tougher,,,,,Dew and I hunted today and after nearly 3 hours, shook our heads and said, nothing happening and time to stop for the day,,,,,came home, took a short nap with the woman boss of the house out for the day and decided to separate coins from the summer,,,,I usually tumble my coins about every six months and today was that day to separate them from May,,,,just amazes me with all the time we spend out there and the amount of holes we dig,,,,of course, you count all the trash that gets thrown away, and add a few tickets to it, just makes you sit in tranquility remembering the day of the summer,,,,I swear, I look at every nickel and think each one of them could have been a heavy band,,,,regardless,,,,it has been a pretty good year given all the competition,,,,,I was amazed that how many nickels I dug this summer,,,,just wish more of them were gold rings,,,:laughing:I am not complaining and have spent hours upon hours out there in the water,,,,I do not dry sand hunt at all in the summer and these were all dug out of the water,,,,Good luck to everyone

You would've think FelixtheCat made contact with you by now. :lol:

I just got done rolling mine about 2 weeks ago. I roll nickels, dimes and quarters twice a year. However I haven't rolled my pennies in 4 years! All together I had roughly 8650 pennies to roll! About a 100 or so where "unrollable". All tolled I had almost 600.00 for this half of the year.
DC

Nice amount of clad there, you'll be busy for awhile... Congrats!
I let mine build up the first year, it took way too long to clean, i just do a batch every few weeks now.

I was looking today and i literally have a small suitcase full of the clad i dug this past yr.A bunch is fine and were the ones i got coming and going to the water.But the majority of my clad is a mess as i only water hunt.What kinda tumblers are you guys using?Whats in it with the coins?This is all new to me so if you guys could help me out on what i need so i can try and salvage most of this clad that would great thanks.

I was looking today and i literally have a small suitcase full of the clad i dug this past yr.A bunch is fine and were the ones i got coming and going to the water.But the majority of my clad is a mess as i only water hunt.What kinda tumblers are you guys using?Whats in it with the coins?This is all new to me so if you guys could help me out on what i need so i can try and salvage most of this clad that would great thanks.

Most of my clad can be rolled or run through a counter. I looked into a tumbler, and it's not worth it for me. If I could find a good used one cheap, I would get the Loretone 3A

R5

wow! I haven't found that much clad on AMI this year...it has been bad. Today I didn't get one hit in the water! ugh....yes I'm about done for the season!

I like this one, old school American made. :grin:

20`2total (1).jpg

From the looks of it, you could have increased your time hunting if you would have decreased the amount of time digging pennies. Time for a different detector, one that can notch out the penny range OR just stop digging that tone if you are to stubborn to get a real detector that has the ability to notch out those pesky pennies....:laughing:

Pennies are a necessity unfortunately....... I'd have 1 oz. less gold this year IF I notched them out. I do pass on them occasionally but not often.

Nice bunch of clad there!

Cliff

:laughing::laughing::laughing:go ahead Cliff,,,,,you and the other guys just keep passing them copper pennies,,,,,I really need some more heavy 14k bands to wrap the year up,,,,,besides, I am soon ready to make another ring,,,,this time, it will be for my index finger and have an emerald in it,,,,GL HH

Most of my clad can be rolled or run through a counter. I looked into a tumbler, and it's not worth it for me. If I could find a good used one cheap, I would get the Loretone 3A

R5

salt water is hard on them, I got my dual tumbler at Harbor Freight for like 50 bucks,,,but you could be like Dew and walk in to the bank with a coffee can full of them untumbled and tell the teller to just deal with it,,:laughing:GL HH

Back
Top Bottom