Wow beginers luck!

Haha this is the third time in 2 days I have seen this story posted on here:laughing:!!! But still pretty crazy find, don't think I would have turned them in, not all of them at least!

Love how it says "Depending on their opinion, the amateur treasure hunter could get at least a share of the proceeds, reports said"

that's why you shouldnt say nothing when you find stuff like that.

:pirate2::pirates::digginahole:

Love how it says "Depending on their opinion, the amateur treasure hunter could get at least a share of the proceeds, reports said"

:pirate2::pirates::digginahole::gettinmoney:

My buddy and I often speculate on what we'd do if we found a gold cache. Number 1 on the list is NEVER tell anyone. It would be quite a conundrum though. Very difficult to cash out without getting the IRS involved or doing something illegal. And if you sold it illegally you'd only get a sniff of what it's worth. Selling one coin at a time over years might be the best way??? What would Jack Sparrow do?

:pirate2::pirates::digginahole::gettinmoney:
Actually it is in the UK so he gets the value of the coins. I am sure one of the UK members would be glad to confirm this is still the case. This is why people in the UK turn in good finds, because when it comes to MDing they do not have an adversarial policy as they do here.

Yeah, I remember reading that in the U.K. you turn the items in to be checked out, they determine what the items are worth and either return them to you, or buy them off you if they are museum worthy.

Actually it is in the UK so he gets the value of the coins. I am sure one of the UK members would be glad to confirm this is still the case. This is why people in the UK turn in good finds, because when it comes to MDing they do not have an adversarial policy as they do here.

That would be great and i might move to the UK..lol.. but it says "could get at least a share of the proceeds, reports said"

Could, At least, Share, sound to me like a finders fee not the value of the coins

Back
Top Bottom