Equinox Users a question on operation

RayK

I am not a Minelab user so I am a little confused. I see everybody talking about the new 800 and various settings. One of the settings is recovery speed. Why would this be adjustable? I would think you would want the fastest recovery speed possible. What does this affect and when would you normally change this.

Ray

Faster recovery speed has better separation but you give up some depth. You'd want to use a faster setting in sites that have a lot of trash or iron. In cleaner ground a slower setting gets you more depth and generally a less choppy tone. You should adjust recovery speed to match the site you're detecting.

The recovery speed setting isn't unique to Minelab or the Equinox. Lots of machines have it. Some manufacturers refer to it by a different name. For example, on the XP Deus its called Reactivity.

Last edited:
Ok this makes sense if I am following you correctly.

I was thinking that recovery speed was the speed it took before it could sense something after you discriminated against something like iron. It's more along the lines of how long the unit waits for the signal to return from an object. So at depth it takes longer for the signal to return. Shallower depths quicker return.

Ray

Faster speed setting obviously helps separate densely spaced targets better , but does anyone know why the slower speed setting is better for depth ? In simplified terms of course , but what accounts for the better depth potential ? I would guess signal processing time , but that would also require a slower swing speed in target rich ground , kinda making it pointless in that environment.

Back
Top Bottom