• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Stock Car Racing Experience

quaidmon

Forum Supporter
For Christmas my father got me three laps as a passenger in a Nascar stock car at Pocono Superspeedway. This afternoon he asked what I wanted for my birthday in June. He said how about an upgrade? Now I won't be a passenger, I'll be behind the wheel. 600 HP 160 MPH this should be fun.

For Christmas my father got me three laps as a passenger in a Nascar stock car at Pocono Superspeedway. This afternoon he asked what I wanted for my birthday in June. He said how about an upgrade? Now I won't be a passenger, I'll be behind the wheel. 600 HP 160 MPH this should be fun.

Man that's cool. Always wanted to do that. Get you a go pro and take a film of it.

I've done this at Chicagoland Speedway.

It.......is........awesome.

When you hit that first turn I swear you'll think you're about to die but that car just sticks. It's worth the money, even as a passenger. My dad has done hot laps at Chicagoland, Briston and Talladega. Every time he says it was worth it.

I took a few lapa at the Northern KY Speedway a few years back as well. It was a great experience. Wife got it for me as a Bday present. Kids were with me at the time as well, this was when the movie Cars was big. They actually had a fullsize replica of Lightning McQueen there in a garage is wasn't aware or. When talking to one of the pit crew guys I mentioned it being my sons favorite movie and he took us back there to check it out. My boy was in heaven just looking at it.

Sigh!.....How cool is this for a Christmas/B-day present!! Do us proud Quaid! Hey!, bring along your detector and sweep the infield while you are waiting!

Hammer it and give it all it’s got the last lap! I mean let’s face it it’s not your car if you hit a wall. :yes::lol:

That's right I almost never drove my own car over 100 MPH. Not that I didn't. I did drive a 1978 chevy pickup that my boss put a 72 Chevelle engine into. 402 cubic inches and when I put on a Holley 750 double pump carb with an inline fuel pump that thing was scary fast. It was fun looking in the mirrors and seeing owners of Corvettes cursing me out. Think rat ride, faded paint, different colored rims, but boy was that a fun truck.

That's right I almost never drove my own car over 100 MPH. Not that I didn't. I did drive a 1978 chevy pickup that my boss put a 72 Chevelle engine into. 402 cubic inches and when I put on a Holley 750 double pump carb with an inline fuel pump that thing was scary fast. It was fun looking in the mirrors and seeing owners of Corvettes cursing me out. Think rat ride, faded paint, different colored rims, but boy was that a fun truck.

Lol the “farm truck”!!!

:stars:

Sounds like fun!

Myself I'm more a quickness guy than fast. I'd love to run my GT on an oval at 160 mph and not have to worry about potholes LOL.

I get my adrenaline rush going from 0-140 in 9 seconds.

In fact, I'm going down at lunch to probably pick up my new Shelby GT500 Super Snake. We, the salesman and I, tossed out proposals for hours last night and somewhat came to a deal we could both live with. I've seen the car but not driven it yet. I'll do that at lunch and make my decision. They got the papers waiting for my signature LOL. Yeah 850 HP to the wheels should be fun.

Back
Top Bottom