(video)Garrett AT Max Test Shows Great Depth Capabilities

Right Kajunman.

So where are the weak links to try and take some of the market share?

Well, wireless ain't it.

But waterproof wireless is.
Imagine a wireless waterproof headphone, where a cable could be attached for under water detector use.
And cable use with " this" headphones would make it functional even with dead batteries,,,like Nokta Impact wireless.
So only one set of headphones needed.
This is where I would go.
Still got to have a worthy detector to hook it to.

And it is not out of the question Garrett could devise for At Max later.
And be sold as accessory.

And of course, there is always the possibility of someone coming out with a multi freq waterproof detector.
Those Minelab patents must be tough!!

I hope some one from Garrett reads this thread.
They should.
Others too.

The AT series and the MXS are the only machines that are waterproof besides a 2k CTX with a screen. From a marketing perspective Garrett is leading the charge. More people will spend 700 bucks on a detector with true wireless headphones than those who will spend 2k. Garrett deserves huge props for taking something and making it better.

Multi frequency has been done. The Whites Beach Hunter id is a multi frequency water proof machine. The fact they discontinued that detector tells me something improved is in the works. Fisher didn't drop the price on their flagship model just to sit idol. If the Mosca ever becomes reality that would be a new beginning for the detecting hobby. However if it cost 5k not many will buy it.

The AT series and the MXS are the only machines that are waterproof besides a 2k CTX with a screen. From a marketing perspective Garrett is leading the charge. More people will spend 700 bucks on a detector with true wireless headphones than those who will spend 2k. Garrett deserves huge props for taking something and making it better.

Multi frequency has been done. The Whites Beach Hunter id is a multi frequency water proof machine. The fact they discontinued that detector tells me something improved is in the works. Fisher didn't drop the price on their flagship model just to sit idol. If the Mosca ever becomes reality that would be a new beginning for the detecting hobby. However if it cost 5k not many will buy it.

Last time I checked the CTX ain't true wireless.
At least mine isn't.
This was a failure I think by Minelab, especially when you think White's V3i did have true wireless.

Garrett should do well with the detector.
Not much competition.
That could change too.

Bottom line is this.
Someone's market share has taken hits.
And I expect to see more.

Lots of blinders been worn over the last 8-9 years by some.
Better take them off!!

when i am in the water i prefer wired headphones that way you can let go of the detector use two hands on the scoop let the atpro float but it wont get away and yes garrett land head phones can take a dunking i just dry them with the defroster on yhe way home

Last time I checked the CTX ain't true wireless.
At least mine isn't.
This was a failure I think by Minelab, especially when you think White's V3i did have true wireless.

Garrett should do well with the detector.
Not much competition.
That could change too.

Bottom line is this.
Someone's market share has taken hits.
And I expect to see more.

Lots of blinders been worn over the last 8-9 years by some.
Better take them off!!

I NEVER said the CTX was true wireless. Hence "Garrett leading the charge". If you have something good but can make it better , it's better to take the initiative than wait for the competition to strike first. The AT series has not only been a great seller it's also been a very good detector. Pick at it all you want , it didn't become the best selling detector by not performing. After all it can do something Makro/Nokta can't do.

when i am in the water i prefer wired headphones that way you can let go of the detector use two hands on the scoop let the atpro float but it wont get away and yes garrett land head phones can take a dunking i just dry them with the defroster on yhe way home

Well wireless headphones won't work if you totally submerge the machine. Until a company can learn how to transmit a signal in water , wired headphones will be necessary.

garrett land head phones can take a dunking i just dry them with the defroster on the way home

LOL , always a couple of ways to skin a cat.

I NEVER said the CTX was true wireless. Hence "Garrett leading the charge". If you have something good but can make it better , it's better to take the initiative than wait for the competition to strike first. The AT series has not only been a great seller it's also been a very good detector. Pick at it all you want , it didn't become the best selling detector by not performing. After all it can do something Makro/Nokta can't do.

I am not picking at no detector in this thread.
Get real.
Are you obsessed with M___ and N___?
You keep bringing them up.

Not me.

Pot meet kettle. Of course I will give you credit for an all inclusive domestic bash.

All inclusive domestic bash??

I said some thing not so nice about CTX, it is not a domestic detector.
I own one too.

Look around on this forum, I've made some statements about Deus V4 not so nice.
Rutus too.
And others.

You are obsessed.

Now, go ahead and make my day and tell me I'm lying here.
I'll put the links right here to show with the info.

Last edited:
All inclusive domestic bash??

I said some thing not so nice about CTX, it is not a domestic detector.
I own one too.

Look around on this forum, I've made some statements about Deus V4 not so nice.
Rutus too.
And others.

You are obsessed.

Now, go ahead and make my day and tell me I'm lying here.
I'll put the links right here to show with the info.

I sense a leitmotif.

Back
Top Bottom