Where to metal detect in NE IL

redtim

I live the north west suburbs of chicago. Can someone tell me some parks of any location that i can detect in.

You need to get ahold of 'dirtyrob' and see if he has any suggestions for you. That's his territory I think. : ) Good luck!

Oh no......lots of guys up there should help you out.

Chicago is loaded with parks. Stay out of the Cook County Forrest Preserves. You have miles of Chicago beaches to hit.

Weekends, hit the older schools. Weekdays, hit the totlots for practice and battery money with the chance of scoring some "mommy bling"!

I'm in joliet. But I have hit lots of parks in chicago. There are a ton of them and they are old! Also look for the small little parks that are in residential areas that are built on vacant lots where houses once stood. Welcome to the forum.

Do you know if you can metal detect in Joliet Parks?

I have sent e-mails but have never received a response. If you know if I can hunt in Joliet parks please let me know.
Louis

U can hunt all the chicago parks. I've even had cops ask how im doing and if I found anything good. I suggest earl morning to mid afternoon to avoid locals

U can hunt all the chicago parks. I've even had cops ask how im doing and if I found anything good. I suggest earl morning to mid afternoon to avoid locals

I agree with this, I am new to the hobby, about a month, and have been hitting up the parks around my house, found mostly clad and trash but its good practice until I learn the in's and out's of my dector and I need to do some more research to find out some older places to hunt. Forest preserves are off limits up to $500 fine and they take your equipment, so I'm not risking it. You can go to chicago park district website and they have a map of all the parks, they are free game, get digging!

Back
Top Bottom