5 Silver.. 1 Gold

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
I dedicate this thread to HotRod Tom... I took him hunting years ago and he found a spot that he was pulling old silver and brass and I found that spot today with the 1.2 minus tide...

I hooked up again with Mark... George also came for a hunt...

The digging is very difficult... the mud is very thick and is a mother to even get to the surface.. its a sifter beach because you cannot shake this mud it has to be broken up with your hands...

4 mercs, 1 rosie, 1 Walker half and a buffalo nickel... its always welcome sight to see swim buckles come up... it tells you its an older spot...

Attachments

• IMG_0309.jpg
    IMG_0309.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 661
  • IMG_0312.jpg
    IMG_0312.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 620
  • IMG_0314.jpg
    IMG_0314.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 637
Sweet old gold. Like the silver too. :yes:

The muddiest place I hunt I just toss the target in the sifter and drag it around for an hour. Nothing better than looking back and seeing a fat gold sitting there.

Amazing finds! Congrats

Thanks Twizzle..

What an awesome hunt! Nice work at a hard to hunt spot!

Thanks Barbara ;)

nice hunt you toool :shock: i like that ring craig cool design congrats very nice pile of goodies :D

Mark... on the way home I stopped at the hardware store and picked up some ear plugs to use under my skullies :laughing:

Sweet old gold. Like the silver too. :yes:

The muddiest place I hunt I just toss the target in the sifter and drag it around for an hour. Nothing better than looking back and seeing a fat gold sitting there.

Thanks Steve... this mud doesn't drain like that.. its thick and heavy.. best way to describe it is its sticky one has to go through it with your hands to break it up..

Thanks Twizzle..

Thanks Barbara ;)

Mark... on the way home I stopped at the hardware store and picked up some ear plugs to use under my skullies :laughing:

Thanks Steve... this mud doesn't drain like that.. its thick and heavy.. best way to describe it is its sticky one has to go through it with your hands to break it up..

hell of a idea criag i dont blame you 1 bit :laughing:

Congrats on the silver and gold Craig. Mud like that must be a bear to hunt in. Sounds like you need a water canon to blast your finds out of it.

Thanks Robert... Just ask Mark how it was... he is younger than I am but struggled like I did :lol: The first scoopful literally slides out of it so you have to go back down for it... then when you get it up into the sifter it has to be broken up... its very heavy and dense...

Sorry for the short post earlier, someone called. Those are some nice saves on the silver also. Never gets old digging those halfs!

Back
Top Bottom