Silver & Sterling over the last 22 months..600 plus

OBN

OldCherryPicker
Forum Supporter
Last years silver was 300 plus and this year I'm very close to 300. I never really give my silver much credit until I open the lock box I keep it in. Then I realize how much I had to dig to get all. At one time I would pull several a hunt but seems I've hammered the places fairly well and the silver is getting hard to find, now I'm luck if I can dig a piece each trip out. Craig has always told me this would happen, and now I see it coming about. Going to be sending this in soon to be melted, I just gave away a lot to the MARS kids club hunt, these I could not melt.. Christian Medallions, and some of the nicer half's .. hopefully they found a good home. The rest is waiting, 19.00 ounce and she will be gone.

Attachments

• OBN0361.jpg
    OBN0361.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 664
Hi, wow thats a nice collection of silver you have there.

Cheers and Happy Hunting

nice pile of silver obn. If you have kids or don't need the money why are you selling? Who knows where the price will be in 5 years but I suspect it will closer to $50 than $17

That is awesome Joe... it makes you wonder how much has been lost over the years and recovered by us hobbyists.. ;)

That's more silver than I have or will ever detect! :wow:

Holy cow that's a lot of silver, I wouldn't be able to part with it, Most of what I have I have bought but I figure my kid's will end up selling it one day. Congrats on some great years of detecting!

That's a TON of hunting Joe,,,,,,,I get maybe one or two silver coins a year where I hunt,,,,,I hope the silver don't run dry cause the gold will too, BUT, I firmly believe there is no beach or bay hunted out,,,,,,regardless, that is a payday on the silver,,,,,amazing how much piles up over time,,,,,,I could have saved all my silver in 5 years hunting and still not have 19oz,,,,,:wow:GL HH

Silver count Joe, whats your current gold count for the year ? Earl

Check out OBN's signature Earl I do every time :lol:
(BlueTubeViper w/Skullies .. 2016 Gold ring's .. 91.. other gold 6 .. Silver/Sterlings 294)

Now that's some booty Joe :yes: just need a big treasure chest.
Could hold all the silver coins I've found over the 7 years I've been hunting in one hand :lol: and still have room for more :lol:

Hi, wow thats a nice collection of silver you have there.

Cheers and Happy Hunting
Thank You, Even I look at it amazed

nice pile of silver obn. If you have kids or don't need the money why are you selling? Who knows where the price will be in 5 years but I suspect it will closer to $50 than $17
Good Point Steve, I was thinking of buy gold with it.. but maybe I'll wait..
Silver count Joe, whats your current gold count for the year ? Earl
T-Minus 9 my friend

That is awesome Joe... it makes you wonder how much has been lost over the years and recovered by us hobbyists.. ;)
Most of this came from one place and a few of the oldtimers have told me stories they would come out with many also.. incredible amounts for sure
Pretty cool to see...

Congrats!

<°)))>{
Thanks Ice... Yes, I dumped it in this years and the sight of all of it kind of set me back.

How much did the ski play into that count?
Aqua, Hard to believe but very little, the ski put me in a couple spots that had gold.. 45 gold rings since June 27, most using the ski.

I would melt the beat coins and most rings.:pirate:
:yes:

That's more silver than I have or will ever detect! :wow:
Felix but you have the Beautiful women to look at there, I have Nada..I would trade a few silvers just to see a few.

Holy cow that's a lot of silver, I wouldn't be able to part with it, Most of what I have I have bought but I figure my kid's will end up selling it one day. Congrats on some great years of detecting!
I'm guessing the same with my girls... they would sell it for a fraction of what it was worth..

That's a TON of hunting Joe,,,,,,,I get maybe one or two silver coins a year where I hunt,,,,,I hope the silver don't run dry cause the gold will too, BUT, I firmly believe there is no beach or bay hunted out,,,,,,regardless, that is a payday on the silver,,,,,amazing how much piles up over time,,,,,,I could have saved all my silver in 5 years hunting and still not have 19oz,,,,,:wow:GL HH
Amen to the silver drying up, Not good for sure..

Check out OBN's signature Earl I do every time :lol:
(BlueTubeViper w/Skullies .. 2016 Gold ring's .. 91.. other gold 6 .. Silver/Sterlings 294)

Now that's some booty Joe :yes: just need a big treasure chest.
Could hold all the silver coins I've found over the 7 years I've been hunting in one hand :lol: and still have room for more :lol:
Thanks Buddy.........Silver is a inpure metal there, I wish we had the same frame of mind here...

Good idea on selling it and buying gold.... in the long run its a bigger pay day down the line. Be a real pirate and put some of those gold coins in your treasure chest. Id say buy yourself a place in Fl..... but we aint getting any gold.:laughing:

Does the refinery melt first and then quote purity? It's a mix of .900 and .925, but all that crust has to affect net silver weight. I have a similar box full that I considered melting to make a large ingot. If the beaches seem to be drying up, scrap the silver and get a PI. There is still one more layer of goodies to be found.

Now that's one impressive stat Joe.

:congras: on a chest full of silver treasure, and it would be safe to say "there's a new Captain Silver" riding the high seas.:pirate:

Good idea on selling it and buying gold.... in the long run its a bigger pay day down the line. Be a real pirate and put some of those gold coins in your treasure chest. Id say buy yourself a place in Fl..... but we aint getting any gold.:laughing:
Bad idea at this time. The gold/silver ratio is way out of whack with historic levels. Right now you should be trading gold for silver. Google "GSR trade" to learn more. Later on down the line when it goes back to normal levels, you swap back and send me a commission check.lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom