Treasure Hunter

Cool story.

I'm amazed how people seem to be hung up on the word 'scavanger', and it's many uses, when referring to metal detecting.

Made me start thinking more of the rivers around here for when they get drawn down. The ones in this area aren't really that famous for swimmng though. Just fishing and dropping in floaters. I'm afraid if I found a ring it would be attached to a hand. :(

Coolwhips :cool:

I think the reporter lady didn't even know what was going on=as the first ? she asked me from the bridge is what are you doing?(Looking for a story for the day and she got one) :D:D. Had a few other people come by with kids and the parents said =Oh he's cleaning/sweeping the bottom of the river.

There was a couple of mis-worded statements/but all in all it was a 1001 ? quiz from her and a couple from the photographer-The photographer knew a little more about it anyways(Metal detecting).

Found another pocket watch that was busted up and a hand full of coins Thursday and that was it. No rings and i now believe after hearing all the divorce court stories of rings thrown off the bridge that that statement may be false. 200 coins and about 5+ hours later and still no ring in the throwing area :lol:. There was this one guy that stopped and asked from the bridge=did you find my wedding band in there? It might be there somewhere? But i wasn't lucky enough to pull through.

The lake water had been drawn down about 5' and i hit another spot that pops said people used to swim in the 60's. = Found a rock pile that may have held a swim raft and i pulled my pirate ship the "wigeon" into shore. Waded out to maybe my waist and found about 40 coins there and still no silver or gold :(. Thats the way it goes.

The reporter did ask if i went to any forums on the internet and i did tell her about the friendly metal detecting forum.com

There is always next year. I did meet my goal of 30 rings this year as i did find 3 after i was up to 29 so a big 32 for fooling around in what little spare time i had this year was all good. :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom