Got to the lake today with little time so...

whippy

After taking care of a few things at the office, I headed to the lake with BHID300 and Camera in tow. Found the area that I spied from Google Earth and went down to have a look.

This is what I saw in two directions...A lot of beach to cover:
Looking to the West
GLBeach1.jpg
Looking to the East from the same spot
GLBeach2.jpg

Naturally I am prepared to deal with these:
GLPT1.jpg

After scouting out the beach and putting together a hunt plan, I just happened to see a volleyball court. So I put the camera away and grabbed the MD and hit the volley ball court with the 45 minutes I had left before needing to get back to work.
GLVB1.jpg

My very first hit was this key/heart thingy that rang up gold however, there are no markings on it so I am not sure. The cat was just laying there so I picked it up. The Quarter was under the net ad the fishing wieght was off to one side.
GLVBT1.jpg

So. Without laying out my plan for this hunt on Saturday, and not planning on getting into the water since it will be in the 40's and 50's over night and in the 60's during the day, how would you guys tackle this beach? I may wear some weaders so waist deep hunting may be in the deck.

What say ye all mighty hunters? Where and how would you hunt this lake beach?

Coolwhips :cool:

Nice pics. You will have to hunt it one tab at a time:lol:

One tab at a time hopefuly to be interrupted with some gold. This has been my game plan since I got into hunting the lakes.

BTW.. I have a friend who lives in Lawrence, Kansas. are you near there?

Satellite image the area. Then lay out grids. Put up on wall and throw dart. Thats how I'd hunt it . WOLF

I'm headed out early in the morning. The low around here at 6am tomorow morning is supposed to be in the 40's. I plan on hitting the water line early for a long stretch then may turn around and hit as much as I can knee deep once it warms up a bit. The high tomorrow is supposed to be in the 70's. If the wind doesn't blow I should be ok temperature wise.

I look forward to posting my results tomorrow afternoon when I get done.

Happy hunting to All this weekend.

Coolwhips :cool:

Is there any indication of 'popular' sections? Scan around for a multitude of pull tabs... more likely to be good stuff in such an area.... RickO

Back
Top Bottom