South Oahu Weekend Total Nut

Caveman

Ended up with 4 rings, 1 earring, a BB Stud. The corroded mens ring was 14K electro-plated with a CZ and must have been in the water a long time because almost all the gold plating was gone. I added my gold since April for the heck of it.
CM

Attachments

• Treasure finds 13 OCT 002 a.jpg
    Treasure finds 13 OCT 002 a.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 538
  • Treasure finds 13 OCT 009 a.jpg
    Treasure finds 13 OCT 009 a.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 529
  • Treasure finds 13 OCT 012 a.jpg
    Treasure finds 13 OCT 012 a.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 519
  • Treasure finds 13 OCT 015 a.jpg
    Treasure finds 13 OCT 015 a.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 517
Nice finds... interesting mostly wedding bands... that one non band looks like an old setting is it?

Hey Caveman! I'm probably going to hit up ala moana beach park to do some body surfing and metal detecting. Is this a good spot? Any suggestions?

Sweet caveman, the ring at the top row fifth from the left is mine. NAH! Dude you rock. Have'nt found a solid gold yet. It should come soon though. WOLF

Yo Wolf

Thanks for the props, I am one of the lucky ones who detect in Hawaii, I find gold 9 out of 10 hunts so its always an incentive to get out there and walk mother natures aquarium and pick up all the goodies the tourists have left behind.

Body surf??

Mate it would be a good spot for metal detecting but body surfing NAH it is inside a rock wall enclosure . if it got big you could go get blasted off the wall.terry in oz

detecting oahu

Hi cave man do you know the guy that hunts waikiki every morning in the water,goes by the email name of little big man.terry in oz

Aloha Terry

No can't say I've ever run into a guy by that name, I do all my detecting out in the deep so if he swings the beach I've probably seen him but didn't talk with him. Oddly enough with all the laid back Aloha we have out here I rarely speak with other MD'ers on Waikiki, seems like everyone I approach is in a big race to go fine the "Big One" when in all actuality its all luck, all serendipity. I'm a haole, always where a brown hat and blue wet shirt so if you see me in the water give me the high sign and I'll pull the ears off and compare pull tabs and bobby pins.
HH CAVEMAN

waikiki

Hi cave man mate i am back in australia now but had a good time on oahu did waikiki a few mornings got heaps of 1 cent pieces people must throw them back down ,saw a guy there called german george he picks the goodies up with his toes a good trick ,but i was talking to a woman on the beach and she tells me "george" has been arrested for kicking over peoples bags and detecting what falls out unbelievable.aloha terry in oz

Back
Top Bottom