Just did it!! Bought an E-trac

ParkHunter

Forum Supporter
I finally bought an e-trac, I'll be receiving it soon.

Anything in particular I should know?

Also, what do the screen numbers mean, like what would a dime register? I don't get that at all.

Thanks!

Took me 6 months to figure out this trick...

Coins on edge (sitting vertical in the ground) with give a super quick high tone, drop off, followed by a thud. 9 times out of 10, this will also be the sound a deep nail gives, but if the sound and numbers are good, turn your quick mask off. If there is no iron present (no ferrous numbers in the high 20s or 30s), DIG IT!!!! The results below were 30 min of hitting a ditch I previously had hit before. All of these were sitting on edge.

picture.php

another tip: If the tooty fluty sounds get too much for you, then do this:

a) black out everyting except copper pennies/quarters, etc... (upper far right of the screen). Go to a place prolific with modern clad (even if it means going to a modern un-worked park)

b) after working (a) for several hours, digging lots of copper pennies, dimes, quarters, then:

c) return the next day and lower your black out edit to accept zinc pennies. Repeat process.

d) the next day, go to same area and lower blackout to accept corroded zinc and square tabs. Repeat.

d) The next day lower disc. to accept round tabs. Repeat.

e) keep repeating each hunt's day @ lowering levels till you're down to foil-range.

THEN the flock-of-sick-geese sounds will make sense :)

another tip: If the tooty fluty sounds get too much for you, then do this:

a) black out everyting except copper pennies/quarters, etc... (upper far right of the screen). Go to a place prolific with modern clad (even if it means going to a modern un-worked park)

b) after working (a) for several hours, digging lots of copper pennies, dimes, quarters, then:

c) return the next day and lower your black out edit to accept zinc pennies. Repeat process.

d) the next day, go to same area and lower blackout to accept corroded zinc and square tabs. Repeat.

d) The next day lower disc. to accept round tabs. Repeat.

e) keep repeating each hunt's day @ lowering levels till you're down to foil-range.

THEN the flock-of-sick-geese sounds will make sense :)

I had trouble with the flock of geese at first then switched to TTF for a couple months then when I went back to the "FOG" it made sense ... now I can use either equally well and use which ever works best in the area I'm hunting and what I'm hunting for

Do you guys think I should sell my GPP and buy a Sunray pinpointer? If so, what is the Sunray one that works with the e-trac called? Thanks

Sunray x-1 and they have been discontinued. They are going for around $300 if you can get ahold of one. I was lucky enough to find one for $200 a while back. I love it and it was well worth the $ in my opinion.

Sunray x-1 and they have been discontinued. They are going for around $300 if you can get ahold of one. I was lucky enough to find one for $200 a while back. I love it and it was well worth the $ in my opinion.

You think I should sell my propointer for a Sunray x-1? And that's pretty bad.. $300! I'll try and get one.

I just bought it for $189 in the for sale section here.

That's awesome..!!
I was just using my sunray x-1 today, it adds a little bit of weight to the machine but not much.. Just don't forget to switch it back to the coil after you use it to find the target, took me 10 minutes today to figure out I still had it switched to the probe instead of the coil...:lol:

That's awesome..!!
I was just using my sunray x-1 today, it adds a little bit of weight to the machine but not much.. Just don't forget to switch it back to the coil after you use it to find the target, took me 10 minutes today to figure out I still had it switched to the probe instead of the coil...:lol:

YES! I have done that on several occasions. Then you always have to back track.

Back
Top Bottom