The case of the missing sand.

In your first post, the 4th picture down, the thing at the bottom is meant to spin on a table and was a from a gambling game called "put and take", very cool relic. You may be able to clean it up and read what it says. I dug one in a ghost town from the 1920s.. it was a great signal.

In your first post, the 4th picture down, the thing at the bottom is meant to spin on a table and was a from a gambling game called "put and take", very cool relic. You may be able to clean it up and read what it says. I dug one in a ghost town from the 1920s.. it was a great signal.

Thank you.

I guessed what it was when I found it, I have never seen one before or ever found one so finding one on the beach was a bonus for me.

Good morning USA.

Now in receipt of my detecting buddies photographs of his finds.

Pete and I have been detecting together for over 30 years on both beach and land, we own the same makes of detectors, Minelabs and XP's.

There is no rivalry between us and we have nothing to prove to each other.

We have 'banter' when we are out but we are more than happy to see each other have the 'find of the day' whether it be beach or land.

On Sunday Pete was the one who put his coil over the gold rings and I did not, last time on the beach it was the other way round.

...Doug.

You can see 2 large pieces of iron in this photograph.

zuw66rP.jpg

Pete's rings.
fIeVWWs.jpg

Old coins.
WP112l4.jpg

Lead toys plus other bits.
V3PN8yG.jpg

Well stated! Sometimes that happens. :) And congrats to the both of you for getting out and having a lot of fun!

Greetings from across the pond!

The picture of the gun I have circled. Is it lead and the butt end threaded so you could screw on a rubber bulb and the barrel hollow so it could be a small squirt gun?

I found one here in Michigan and it looks identical.

Very nice place you have to plunder.

That's a good looking ground to loot,,,,,I just have to bet that where that gold was found there is more,,,,hate to hear that "my friend" found,,,,,,that would be when I would hunt with Dew,,,,,,,:laughing:Hope to meet up with you when you get here later this year,,,,GL HH

Back
Top Bottom