Had to Stay in the Dry Today

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
I wanted to go back this afternoon with my Sand Shark to the area where the guy told me he had lost his gold chain on Friday but it is now way too rough to get out there. Knowing I couldn’t do a water hunt, I opted to use my Deleon on a sunrise, dry sand hunt to get out and enjoy the beautiful weather. I saw no pirates out in the water and only 1 other hunter doing the dry sand that I’ve seen a bunch of times. I hunted for 3 hours and was really expecting a bit more targets and clad considering the crowds I’ve seen out there. Oh well, still got out and had a good time!

Attachments

• 3-4-18 Sunrise.jpg
    3-4-18 Sunrise.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 384
  • 3-4-18 Rough.jpg
    3-4-18 Rough.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 374
  • 3-4-18 Rough 2.jpg
    3-4-18 Rough 2.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 384
  • 3-4-18 Beach 1.jpg
    3-4-18 Beach 1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 376
  • 3-4-18.jpg
    3-4-18.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 398
Hope those waves don't bury that chain deeper. I know how powerful they are. Knocked me down a few times.

Sometimes I tried holding my machine over the target and getting my scoop in position but that was a nightmare. The water going against the machine and pushing my scoop all over the place was a joke. I understand why you stayed dry.

Nice hunt.

That's not bad compared to what we get up this way. Its also why we find lots of gold fillings and grillz. The waves knock them loose:lol:. Last year a kid about knocked his teeth out on my scoop handle. Luckily he hit it and me with his mouth closed and just ate some lip.:lol:

Its been said before, a bad day detecting is better than a good day working! Glad to see you get out! Me, I'm waiting for Spring Break of which I get 2 whole weeks off.

P.S. that surf looks like what I contend with on a daily basis

Back
Top Bottom