Paul Bunyan's Diaper Pin + Gold

And this is why I always come home with a pocket full of pull tabs even though I know each and every one is going to be a pull tab when I dig it. :laughing:

Great job on the yellow and ice. Glad it fits.

BCD

Thanks! I go into this zen like tab harvesting trace when I'm in a lake sorting generations of trash. It's pretty creepy, I can do it for hours. People watching probably think I'm dead and just haven't fallen over yet. :wow:

Then when one of the tabs is a Gold ring it takes a few minutes to register what I'm actually seeing. THAT'S when anybody watching probably figures I'm about to fall over. Then I turn my back to shore, put it in my pouch and continue on like nothing happened. :pirate:

Awesome hunt man, congrats!

Like Mud said, it's a pin that held your hunting license to the back of your jacket..

<°)))>{

You should be thankful, I've only defended two things, you and my sisters honor.:lol:

At least I didn't get reprimanded.

There was nothing to reprimand you about... you beat me by responding when I was in the process of deleting that diatribe. ;)

Well, I hate to burst your diaper pin bubble but my guess is that the pin came from Great Lakes Naval Base bootcamp. At least in the USMC (and I assume the Navy) those are used to hold the top of a mesh laundry bag closed.

Oh yeah, nice rescue on the gold & ice too.

Agreed!

Now I'm going to burst a few bubbles.
That pin's origin has nothing to do with keeping bags pinned shut. They have been appropriated for that purpose (among others), but if you do a search on 'horse blanket pin" you'll find out what it originally was/is.

Paul Bunyan never wore a diaper! He wiped his @ss with a handful of ND shale, gave it a toss over his shoulder, and created California!:laughing::laughing:
Mud

Wha...
IMG_2133.jpg

Ewe...
IMG_0203.jpg

R5

Oh, it appears that old Paul was down here in the South, at some point, and it also appears that he dropped a few of his pins along the way !!!
:laughing:
IMG_7536.jpg IMG_7539.jpg

IMG_7540.jpg IMG_7538.JPG
These large safety pins were actually used in the Textile Industry, and are somewhat common. When "sock" samples were dyed, they were put into a mesh bag, and the top was secured with the large safety pins. The number on the head of the pin indicated the size of the socks being dyed. Yep, hate to pop your bubble, but that's a fact ! Good story, though. :(

This was not to only use for these large pins, as others have indicated above.

Thanks, Bobby is my biggest fan! :cool:
Hello All,As for some of you know I've been a little hard on irons.But as of today i stand beside him. He is a friend and a brother to me.Look forward to some more great finds irons.God Bless

Thanks everybody I appreciate it! You too Bobby! :cool:

My new right hand bling polished. :bling:
It was well worn and has some deep scratches but that's OK, it shines now. Good hunting out there ya Pirates! :grin:

rs1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom