I think I found a gold ring but I'm not certain

This past Friday I took the ring to a place that buys gold and got $233 for it. I'll tuck that cash away and it will help pay for my elk hunt in November. Win, win!!!!

This past Friday I took the ring to a place that buys gold and got $233 for it. I'll tuck that cash away and it will help pay for my elk hunt in November. Win, win!!!!
Maybe, but those "we buy gold" a-holes rip everybody off who walks through the door. Your best bet would have been to send it off to a refinery. You probably would (no, you definitely would) have received much, much more.

Sorry.

Did they at least tell you what it weighed?

I had weighed it myself and they came up with the same weight. 7.31 grams.
Wow. If that's true this gold buyer is rare indeed. Spot price is $266 and the refineries only take off about 5% which would have been about a $252 payout. Sounds like you did ok but this gold buyer is clearly not like his competition.

Wow. If that's true this gold buyer is rare indeed. Spot price is $266 and the refineries only take off about 5% which would have been about a $252 payout. Sounds like you did ok but this gold buyer is clearly not like his competition.

That's very good to hear. I saw an commercial on TV and the wife said, "I know them, they go to our church." Also, the commercial said they pay the highest prices in town so I went there. The whole time the woman was counting out the money the only thing I could think of was, "I found it in the ground!!" :lol:

Back
Top Bottom