Curiosity about CTX 3030/E Trac

ParkHunter

Forum Supporter
This is nothing but curiosity.

I know there are dozens of threads similar to this, but I want to know specifically, can the CTX 3030 and E trac complement each in their own regards?

Or is it that the CTX is better in every way? I'm talking land here, no water detecting in question. I know some people swear by both machines.

I'm asking because I might get a chance to use a pal's 3030 in a few days.

Thanks - I'm quite curious about this.

In my opinion, if you have a ctx there is no need for an etrac. The ctx is the etrac and a bit more. Great in iron, just as deep or deeper. Balanced soooo much better. Awesome separation just like the etrac, even with the 17 inch coil. The main thing I miss about my old etrac is the old silver squeal. :(

G2M

Im fairly new to the ctx and having the ability to adjust ur sounds n bins is friggin awesome also ive already found silver in between trash n iron love the machine pnly bout a month into it happy hunting either way you go

In my opinion, if you have a ctx there is no need for an etrac. The ctx is the etrac and a bit more. Great in iron, just as deep or deeper. Balanced soooo much better. Awesome separation just like the etrac, even with the 17 inch coil. The main thing I miss about my old etrac is the old silver squeal. :(

G2M

+2

Minelab CTX Dirty30-Teknetics T2 Se

... The main thing I miss about my old etrac is the old silver squeal. :(

G2M

Interesting that you and coin-whisperer are in agreement over this. Because when you talk to guys who switched from the Explorer II , to the Etrac , they will often lament that: silver sounded sweeter than on the subsequent explorer evolutions. And now people are drawing the same lament on etrac vs 3030. Hmmmm....

I use a CTX any my friend uses a Etrac. On land I don't feel that the machines are that much different. Some days I find silver, other days he does...it's just how it goes.

Once you include a person's hunting style (slow swing, overlapping swing, patience, skill, research, etc). I don't think the CTX is worth the extra $800.

BUT....if you ever want to hunt in fresh/salt water....CTX is the only way to go.

Regarding the CTX, I like the GPS feature (really helpful in water when trying to grid), The wireless module is sweet, and I love the iron trace feature.

I use a CTX any my friend uses a Etrac. On land I don't feel that the machines are that much different. Some days I find silver, other days he does...it's just how it goes.

Once you include a person's hunting style (slow swing, overlapping swing, patience, skill, research, etc). I don't think the CTX is worth the extra $800.

BUT....if you ever want to hunt in fresh/salt water....CTX is the only way to go.

Regarding the CTX, I like the GPS feature (really helpful in water when trying to grid), The wireless module is sweet, and I love the iron trace feature.

Great answer, experience and unbiased.

Back
Top Bottom