Using social media to find new grounds.

kxracer2000

I apologize in advance. Writing isn't my my strong point.

I have been debating for awhile on posting on social media to find new spots to hunt. So last night I finally decided to give it a go but wasnt expecting much. I used a local page on Facebook called "Gloucester trash and treasure" ( it is a local page for my area to sell and buy random things. There may be one for your area I know there are for a lot of area around here.)

I went ahead and posted that I am looking for new places to detect perfably 1940s and earlier and that I could also find lost jewelry. Less than 24 hours later I have a old farm a women lost a ring at and she is willing to let me hunt her land. Another women with a lost ring in her backyard. Her house was built in 1926 and there is a old famous trail in her woods. Who also agreed to let me hunt her land after I look for the ring. Then a 3rd women lost her school ring years ago in a yard and the house is now vacant. She still knows owner so she is going to contact them to get permission. Best part is the house is about 1/8 a mile for a church that was built in 1750 overtop of a older church. it is rumored that the Chruch was used as a gun depo during one of the wars but not sure which one. And George Washington and his grand parents have ties to the church. So hopefully there was some foot traffic to and from the church on this property.

Tldr; got 3 new hunting spots in less than 24 hours from posting on a page on local social media.

Back
Top Bottom