Bounty Hunter Lone Star

kahieb50

Hi all, I'm a new member and it's nice to know that there are so many people with the same interest. Glad to be here. I recently purchased a new detector (a Bounty Hunter Lone Star) and would like to know your thoughts on this model as far as acceptability for a newby. I plan on upgrading in the future but believe it's good to go with a lower priced detector until I cut my teeth, so to speak. All thoughts and opinions are welcome. Thanx!

You did the right thing. Learn that Lone Star and it will find good stuff. I have a friend that had a BH Tracker IV and he found all kinds of silver with it. I asked him when he was going to upgrade to "21st century technology":lol:and his reply was "why, I find the good stuff now". Enough said!

Your MD is only going to perform as good as you learn it no matter which brand or how much $$ you spend.

Yep if you learn it there is nothing wrong with it. I have found many good finds with Bounty Hunter machines. Just be careful not to smack the coil around. Where the coil attaches to the shaft is very weak and easy to break.

I wasn't sure about this MD at first. Of course watching the 2 shows on tv I figured it would be easy to do. My first night out in my backyard, mind you it was 40 degrees, my detector was beeping like crazy. The manual gives you guidelines on the 3 settings this md has, but no suggestions. Lets just say that first night was a dig-a-thon with ZERO finds. The next day I found an open field next to a old vineyard. I had a little time to kill so I fired the md up and off I went. It was away from power lines and other emi sources so I got less beeps. Spent some time tossing around some coins and practicing, this made all the difference in the world. I found that the far right setting, (I believe auto/notch) was the best mode, with the left sensitivity knob @ 12:45 and the right sensitivity knob @ 3 o'clock. I got a few clean hits. My first find was an old brass hinge. Now tonight I decided to go out into my backyard and give my new settings a go. I ended up finding a rusty nail, piece of sprinkler, and my first 3 coins. 2 modern quarters, (1987 quarter, 2000 state quarter) and one 2000 dime. I was soooo stoked to find those coins. I would of stayed out later but its cold, lol. Anyways, just wanted to say that I think this BH detector is fairly legit. Those coins were about 6 inches down so the standard 8" coil is good. Thanks for reading my ramblings and ya'll have a good night!

It is a good machine and I found many silver coins with my bounty hunter lone star. I really got into this hobby and after about 3-4 months out grew my bounty hunter and upgraded. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom