Check out these old bottles

KevinB

Okay I have been metal detecting this spot for a month now. It is covered with iron nails but I have been able to extract 2 civil war bullets, and 1890 V Nickel, and a No Date Standing Liberty quarter from under the nails. Yesterday, I saw and old rusty cna sticking halfway out of the ground!!!! I went over and dug it up and relized it was the tip of a huge iceberg. I started digging and didn't eeven get to the bottom and dig these bottles, some of which are cork top.
The bottle dump was is an old gully behind the old homeplace about 75 yards as is typical for bottle dumps. Old gullys near old homeplaces are good places to look for bottle dumps.
001-53.jpg

002-38.jpg

Nice going Kevin! What's the little blobber by the plate?

And what does it say on the 2nd bottle on the right back row 1st pic?

Love finding bottles. Theres a bottle dump in the ravine, pulled some pretty cool ones outta there!:yes:

Nice collection you have there!

Nice going Kevin! What's the little blobber by the plate?

And what does it say on the 2nd bottle on the right back row 1st pic?

Hood's Sarsa parillo. I fpound that blob top and figured I would take a pic of it to date the site. I found some more today.

grandpa;s treasures

well i got a lot of stuff to share with you guys, here is a little bottle that i dug up out of grandpa's treasures, which is a dump that grandpa covered up about 1940. and there is more than just bottles, my metal detector go's off the hook...

Attachments

• bottles 032.JPG
    bottles 032.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 761
Nice finds. Marking this page for reference to compare some old bottles we found today.

Back
Top Bottom