that alaska gold show

The first season was good, then it well downhill fast. I stopped watching.

There are better gold shows. More realistic ones anyway. Try 'Gold Fever' and 'Alaskan' on The Outdoor Channel.

I grew up watching "The Buzzard" on Gold Fever, the father of the guy that does Gold Fever now (Tom MAssey)...I cant stand Tom when he does his voice like a miner.

The Buzzard was a great miner, knew how to find gold...Tom is pretty awesome too. Learned quite a bit from his father and brother.

pawn stars.

I like pawn stars actually. There are youtube vids explaining how they make that show. You can actually go to his store and verify it for yourself. Basically, the place is usually packed with people but if you have an interesting item they will ask everyone to leave the store for shooting. Then they'll do the scene, or as much as they can at that time. Then they let everyone back in. You'll be asked to return whenever their experts come in etc. So the episodes are basically being filmed during the season, which explains why they show repeats a lot of the time. Pretty interesting. Chum isn't as dumb as they make him out to be though lol.

As far as Gold Rush......I was shocked at how little the guys knew about gold mining when I first started watching it. I've never even BEEN gold mining but I have a better working knowledge than the Hoffman's........just from reading online lol. No doubt the revenue from the show is keeping them afloat. I still watch it though.......because....well what else is there to watch on tv these days?

Back
Top Bottom