What to do, what to do....

JaMoSo82

Elite Member
Long story short, I won a certificate last July for 50% off any First Texas "product" (bundle, etc), only redeemable through them directly (and at their pricing, I would imagine).

I want to maximize the amount of profit I can make through this transaction to apply to a better machine in the future, but I also want to be able to have something I can mess around and gain experience with for the time being, that will hold good (desirable) resale value. I am currently torn between three machines: f75ltd2, cz-21, cz3d, with the cz-21 apparently the most expensive.

Is there a good resale market for the 21? I feel it would be a no-brainer if the 21 could be unlocked from salt-mode, due to its versatility.

I currently run an AT Pro with a couple of older whites 6.592 machines as backup. Also, I have until this July to use the certificate. I was hoping Fisher would come out with some groundbreaking technology by now but they have let me down.

Oldest coin- 1950 S wheat penny.

Long story short, I won a certificate last July for 50% off any First Texas "product" (bundle, etc), only redeemable through them directly (and at their pricing, I would imagine).

I want to maximize the amount of profit I can make through this transaction to apply to a better machine in the future, but I also want to be able to have something I can mess around and gain experience with for the time being, that will hold good (desirable) resale value. I am currently torn between three machines: f75ltd2, cz-21, cz3d, with the cz-21 apparently the most expensive.

Is there a good resale market for the 21? I feel it would be a no-brainer if the 21 could be unlocked from salt-mode, due to its versatility.

I currently run an AT Pro with a couple of older whites 6.592 machines as backup. Also, I have until this July to use the certificate. I was hoping Fisher would come out with some groundbreaking technology by now but they have let me down.

IMO, the key to resale value is if it is still under warranty. SO if you buy it and sell it with a few months left, then you can get the max amount.

You should also bear in mind ML's release of the equinox, a waterproof, multi-frequency detector which comes in two models for $650/900. Quest and Kruzer are also newly released detectors that are similar to the equinox, being both multifrequency and waterproof. So when a potential buyer is considering your used machine vs. purchasing a brand new, multi-frequency machine that is also waterproof, what will he or she buy?

As far as which model, the CZ21 and 3d are the only ones that are multi-frequency machine that can be used (effectively) on salt water beaches. That will widen your market of potential buyers. It will also give you the best machine for hunting on salt water beaches but also for hunting in hot spots or ground that has a high mineral content. The CZ3d still uses 1980's analog technology that works, but is still dated. (keep that in mind when you consider your buyer looking at that vs the Nox/Kruzer/Quest. The CZ21 is digital and waterproof. Heck it is also waterproof to something like 200 or 250 feet....so it is truly a "dive detector" and in a different league than the Equinox, Quest, and Kruzer. That one you may not lose as much money on as its a different buyers market.

If you

Mostly land hunt, F75ltd2, if you only water hunt CZ21, don't worry about the older CZs , remember if you get a CZ21 basically a water machine, the way i would go is F75LTD2 with both coils the 11dd and the 5 inch you will love, Earl

A lot of fresh water guys use the CZ21...we have black sand here too ya know....of course anybody that dives will be interested in it....In the past 5yrs, Most of the freshies have gone with the AtPro, and it would be a tough sell to any of them now a days unless it was cheap enough...

I do not believe FTP warrantees are transferable...You could probably get somewhere near $800-900 selling a brand new one on the open market...

tough call though...might be easier getting a Patriot w/11"dd, then use it or sell it for 100 shy of list?...

FWIW... I run the atPro and the F70 (patriot)..they make a super strong and fun team to have no matter what comes along!

IMO, the key to resale value is if it is still under warranty. SO if you buy it and sell it with a few months left, then you can get the max amount.

You should also bear in mind ML's release of the equinox, a waterproof, multi-frequency detector which comes in two models for $650/900. Quest and Kruzer are also newly released detectors that are similar to the equinox, being both multifrequency and waterproof. So when a potential buyer is considering your used machine vs. purchasing a brand new, multi-frequency machine that is also waterproof, what will he or she buy?

As far as which model, the CZ21 and 3d are the only ones that are multi-frequency machine that can be used (effectively) on salt water beaches. That will widen your market of potential buyers. It will also give you the best machine for hunting on salt water beaches but also for hunting in hot spots or ground that has a high mineral content. The CZ3d still uses 1980's analog technology that works, but is still dated. (keep that in mind when you consider your buyer looking at that vs the Nox/Kruzer/Quest. The CZ21 is digital and waterproof. Heck it is also waterproof to something like 200 or 250 feet....so it is truly a "dive detector" and in a different league than the Equinox, Quest, and Kruzer. That one you may not lose as much money on as its a different buyers market.
Thanks for all the responses. I have been ogling the Equinox and I just watched a video on the Multi Kruzer. That is the general idea, to upgrade to something similar.

I like the cz-21, especially the dual-frequency and waterproof nature of it however, it doesn't appear to be digital as you mentioned- still has the analog knobs like the 3d and no meter/LCD. Unless by digital you somehow mean internal circuitry. I would bet there is more of a resale value for the F75 though. I saw they created an F75+ bundle for $649 now which supposedly is almost like the LTD flagship (?). Fisher marketing is confusing, and their website is not as impressive as it should be.

The warranty is not transferrable as far as I know; neither is the certificate I won. I am basically trying to make the most money possible from it.

T
I like the cz-21, especially the dual-frequency and waterproof nature of it however, it doesn't appear to be digital as you mentioned- still has the analog knobs like the 3d and no meter/LCD. Unless by digital you somehow mean internal circuitry.

Yes, the CZ-21's internals are digital where as the CZ3d is analog. The Analog detectors have a higher tolerance and consequently can be tuned to tighter tolerances, which enables them the max capability of their design. For example, a sampling of a 100 units of the CZ 21 may show it recognizes a dime between 11.5 to 12" depths. In contrast a CZ3d may recognize a dime at 8" to 12" depths, but after tuning, the majority of those CZ3ds may recognize a dime at 10-12".

Anyhow, the CZ21 is a ruggedly built machine and the MF-VLF works exceptionally well in salt or mineralized areas.

Yes, the CZ-21's internals are digital where as the CZ3d is analog. The Analog detectors have a higher tolerance and consequently can be tuned to tighter tolerances, which enables them the max capability of their design. For example, a sampling of a 100 units of the CZ 21 may show it recognizes a dime between 11.5 to 12" depths. In contrast a CZ3d may recognize a dime at 8" to 12" depths, but after tuning, the majority of those CZ3ds may recognize a dime at 10-12".

Anyhow, the CZ21 is a ruggedly built machine and the MF-VLF works exceptionally well in salt or mineralized areas.
Thank you for the clarification. I am not that familiar with the Fisher product line so it helps when others share info.

While I don't believe for a second that the upcoming multi-frequency detector releases will make the VLF detectors obsolete, the MF detectors will unfortunately hurt the resale value of the VLF detectors. If you look at the classifieds on the treasure forums, you will see what I am talking about already.
I have never bought a detector brand new due to the depreciation factor but now I would hate to be the guy for example, that bought an F-75 at almost retail before the MF detector announcements/rumblings came out last year:no:.
Now I do fully understand that the MF machines may not be for every detectorist on the planet which is why I said that VLF will not be become obsolete.
On the flip side though, it looks like it will be sweet pickings for someone just getting into the hobby looking for a top quality VLF machine; should be able to score some great deals by Spring for sure.:yes:

Back
Top Bottom