ctx noise cancel

kidlester

Elite Member
Hello everyone,
Does anyone know how often or when the noise cancel should be performed while hunting? I'm an old whites guy and the best I can tell is this is the minleab version of a ground balance,

That is an excellent question, unfortunately I lack an answer due to the fact I don't own that machine. I do, however, wish I do own that machine and if I did I probably would be able to answer your question for you

HH

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Perform a noise cancel at the start of every hunt at the least. If you are in an area with changing conditions or power lines, radio transmitters, etc it has been suggested to perform it every half hour or so.

If you raise your coil in the air and get chatter, you should noise cancel. Other than that I never do.

Noise cancel,,should be done at least before you hunt at your site. Also If someone else shows up while you are detecting,,,do another noise cancel while the other person is say within 20 ft or so from you with their detector on.

Just a couple weeks ago,,,I was running CTX and had noise cancelled, a Deus user was about 50 ft from me,,I heard a pop in the headsets,,the Deus runner was changing freqs and I evidently could hear his machine interfering with mine.

Yes, definitely noise cancel at every site. There have also been times during a hunt
that, for whatever reason the CTX will start to get chatty or seem to be falsing a lot.

I 'll noise cancel when this kinda thing happens and it will often quiet the CTX
right up.

No , the noise reduction as i understand it ( i own one) is not for ground balance. It is for when you are getting a lot of noises on the head phone . You could be around other machines, electric cables etc etc, Anything that is starting to give you a feed back noise then i use the noise reduction. The ground balance is totally something else. The beaches I hunt rarely use noise reduction.

Noise cancel is automated frequency shift. Something I wish all detectors had!

Yep... You should noise cancel at the start of a session, and then if you move to another area, go ahead and take 30 seconds and noise cancel again, it can't hurt. :)

Righto,

Noise cancel is not associated with ground balance per SE,,,but there are some that say you should noise cancel with coil slightly above ground at your site over clean ground.

Also worth noting,,,some Minelab performance say of etrac and CTX could be impacted by the following,,,,

A Xp Deus user actually running their detector,,,,if say a CTX operator does a noise cancel while the Deus user is running 12khz,,,,and then later the Deus user changes freqs--CTX could get noisy and or suffer from the Deus freq.

How do I know this??
It happened to me with Curbdog who post here was running his Deus,,and I was running CTX...I could hear popping goi g in in my headsets when he was changing freqs,,,and at that particualr time he was standing better than 40 ft from me.

Righto,

Noise cancel is not associated with ground balance per SE,,,but there are some that say you should noise cancel with coil slightly above ground at your site over clean ground.

Also worth noting,,,some Minelab performance say of etrac and CTX could be impacted by the following,,,,

A Xp Deus user actually running their detector,,,,if say a CTX operator does a noise cancel while the Deus user is running 12khz,,,,and then later the Deus user changes freqs--CTX could get noisy and or suffer from the Deus freq.

How do I know this??
It happened to me with Curbdog who post here was running his Deus,,and I was running CTX...I could hear popping goi g in in my headsets when he was changing freqs,,,and at that particualr time he was standing better than 40 ft from me.

With all due respect why do you have to mention the DEUS on every post of other detectors?

The OP simply asked "Does anyone know how often or when the noise cancel should be performed while hunting"

The title clearly asks about the CTX noise cancel... all the extra stuff about teh Deus helps this user none...

Seems you do that in every post, doesn't make sense and tells the op NOTHING about the CTX noise cancel which is what he asked.

With all due respect why do you have to mention the DEUS on every post of other detectors?

The OP simply asked "Does anyone know how often or when the noise cancel should be performed while hunting"

The title clearly asks about the CTX noise cancel... all the extra stuff about teh Deus helps this user none...

Seems you do that in every post, doesn't make sense and tells the op NOTHING about the CTX noise cancel which is what he asked.

Well Nectar,,,if the person has a Bud that uses Deus,,,this might be beneficial.
And besides,,the Deus is a bit unique,,having 4 freqs that can be selected and run individually.

I don't think me posting this info here was detrimental to this thread at all.

How about this,,,you respond in your posts the way you want to,,and I will respond the way I want to.
Now if you think I have provided erroneous info in my post,,,by all means disagree and tell why.

You did the exact same thing in my post where I asked a simple question on CTX users coil sizes...I SAID C T X....... you mention the deus and nokta and I didn't ask anything about them... no need for the unnecessary additions to a persons questions..

I asked about the ctx coils, you tell me about the deus and nokta..:roll:.. and do that all the time... stay on topic man

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=233756

You did same thing on my CTX post here... I never asked about a deus or nokta, and the OP never asked about the deus in THIS post...

The post title: ctx noise cancel Is pretty self explanatory and doesn't request deus information... same with the title of my post.....lol

You did the exact same thing in my post where I asked a simple question on CTX users coil sizes...I SAID C T X....... you mention the deus and nokta and I didn't ask anything about them... no need for the unnecessary additions to a persons questions..

I asked about the ctx coils, you tell me about the deus and nokta..:roll:.. and do that all the time... stay on topic man

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=233756

You did same thing on my CTX post here... I never asked about a deus or nokta, and the OP never asked about the deus in THIS post...

The post title: ctx noise cancel Is pretty self explanatory and doesn't request deus information... same with the title of my post.....lol

True the op never ask about any detector besides CTX ,,but guess what,,,if a CTX user is hunting and another detectorists shows up,,,a good idea for CTX to do noise cancel after the newcomer has joined in.

Why do things have to be so difficult with you Nectar.

Giving folks good information is really important,,and some additional details can be very beneficial to folks,,, especially newer folks to the hobby,,and or new equipment to them.

Another question. Should the coil be off the ground. I know the Minelab says to hold it 4" to 6" off the ground. I heard that Andy Sabisch recommends leaving the coil on the ground.

Tnsharpshooter,

Thanks for that response about CTX noise cancel. I have hunted with my CTX and have wondered why my CTX acted the way it does when I get to close to a person using the "OTHER MACHINE". ( I am new here and also to detecting. I don't need to get BITC* SLAPPED for mentioning the "OTHER MACHINE").
Full disclosure is required here: I have the "OTHER MACHINE" also and when I use it and get close to a CTX the "OTHER MACHINE" goes nuts.
Please PM me with a possible solution for this.

Thanks in advance,
Glen

Tnsharpshooter,

Thanks for that response about CTX noise cancel. I have hunted with my CTX and have wondered why my CTX acted the way it does when I get to close to a person using the "OTHER MACHINE". ( I am new here and also to detecting. I don't need to get BITC* SLAPPED for mentioning the "OTHER MACHINE").
Full disclosure is required here: I have the "OTHER MACHINE" also and when I use it and get close to a CTX the "OTHER MACHINE" goes nuts.
Please PM me with a possible solution for this.

Thanks in advance,
Glen

Pm sent

Back
Top Bottom