Detecting in Snow

ace202

I am new to the hobby and am anxiously awaiting arrival of my ACE 350 detector. Over the last couple days, mother nature has decided to dump an unusually large amount of snow on us. There is a very heavily used ice ring and hockey arena in town that hosts many tournaments through the winter. I am wondering how effective the ace 350 will be in the snow. Any thoughts appreciated.

my xterra 505 and etrac both work in the snow just hope the ground is not froze
good luck
curtis

The last two hunts we made here in northern Wisconsin were in about three inches of snow. Most of the targets that day were running 3 to 4 inches deep. My Grand Master Hunter or the wife's Ace 250 had no problems dealing with the snow. The first day the ground was real wet and muddy since we had quite a bit of rain associated with the snow fall. It turned cold that night and the next day the ground was frosty but still diggable. Now it is froze hard so the season is over for this year.

Hope this helps

Jerry

Has anyone dug an old ski hill? I know of an old defunct ski place with 4 runs. Just wondering if its worth the challenge of swinging it on those hills? I can't see people losing a lot of coin all bundled up on ski gear, but maybe I'm wrong?

Back
Top Bottom