• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Ditched the Equinox update.

itsaring!

24K Larry
Forum Supporter
Tried to learn to like the update for the Equinox for months. After a severe gold slump i finally had it and got rid of the update. Didn't realize how bad the update was for hunting my beaches. Scored two gold first time out with going back to the original version. Zero gold the whole time running the new update.Thanks for nothing ML update:laughing:

Lol

Larry fake new's , just because your coil didn't go over any Gold, don't put the MO JOE on US :takethat::snapoutofit::crazy: , ML wouldn't put out update's unless they WORK :worms::foottap:

Felix...... i went back and forth between the two for weeks. Im not saying wearing the same pair of underwear helped you find those gold...... im saying there are things i like about the old program and im willing to put up with a bit more chatter (or maybe sensitivity in the water). We dont have the same conditions those up N. have so .... the new program may well work best there. CONFIDENCE in your equipment has a lot to do with what you find too. I walk my own path buddy no matter where the crowd goes...... you just have to use what works.

Felix...... i went back and forth between the two for weeks. Im not saying wearing the same pair of underwear helped you find those gold...... im saying there are things i like about the old program and im willing to put up with a bit more chatter (or maybe sensitivity in the water). We dont have the same conditions those up N. have so .... the new program may well work best there. CONFIDENCE in your equipment has a lot to do with what you find too. I walk my own path buddy no matter where the crowd goes...... you just have to use what works.
:?:
:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: You guy's must be smoking some high end Cuban Cigar's down their , send me up some :shock::D
This must be why he confused me with LARRY! :laughing:

Am I the only one who never bothered with the update. I like my nox as it came.

Am I the only one who never bothered with the update. I like my nox as it came.

I never updated mine either. I figured I would let others find out if the update was good or bad before I changed mine!:D

Mine hasn’t found gold with either version.
Maybe after this storm...

Tried to learn to like the update for the Equinox for months. After a severe gold slump i finally had it and got rid of the update. Didn't realize how bad the update was for hunting my beaches. Scored two gold first time out with going back to the original version. Zero gold the whole time running the new update.Thanks for nothing ML update:laughing:

I know a couple guys up here who have also rid themselves of the update.. they are happier for it Larry.... they said it was unstable and VDI's jumped too much for their liking.

By reading many posts on the Equinox on various forums it is very evident that some Equinox owners did not have a good install of the update. Instability....bad VDI numbers.....jumping VDI were common complaints. I thought Minelab would investigate what happened and provide feedback. Maybe a factory reboot is needed before updating? Who knows? But in any event there are quite a few Equinox users out there that had to do the update again.

But if you are happy with the origional firmware more power to you.

Sorry to hear that Larry.....:no: (When I visit you guy's in February, the only update to my Excal, will be bringing it from freezing weather, (it was 3 degrees here last Friday), to the "Sunshine State" for a thaw.....) Should I pick up Earl on my way down to hunt with us?.....:laughing::laughing:.....See ya soon bud

Sorry to hear that Larry.....:no: (When I visit you guy's in February, the only update to my Excal, will be bringing it from freezing weather, (it was 3 degrees here last Friday), to the "Sunshine State" for a thaw.....) Should I pick up Earl on my way down to hunt with us?.....:laughing::laughing:.....See ya soon bud

If you pick up Earl, Curt the dog goes as well :lol:

By reading many posts on the Equinox on various forums it is very evident that some Equinox owners did not have a good install of the update. Instability....bad VDI numbers.....jumping VDI were common complaints. I thought Minelab would investigate what happened and provide feedback. Maybe a factory reboot is needed before updating? Who knows? But in any event there are quite a few Equinox users out there that had to do the update again.

But if you are happy with the origional firmware more power to you.

I did all that and also had someone else who thought they had it figured out set mine up. I also been checking with every nox user i know down here.Common complaint is noise on the right swing also. Going back to the stock it picks up real small stuff, goes deeper and runs better. Our sand isn't like others deal with. I know results will vary. But i alsoknow where i hunt i may be at an advantage compared to a nox user running the update since my friends are also struggling with the update, reboot, calling ML and all. Shouldn't be this difficult.

Sure swing by and bring him and Cujo i mean Shogun!:laughing:

Well said!

MMMmmmmm

Curt you need a Heavy Duty truck :lol: once you add Shogun , and I , not much for the West coast of Florida hunting, just the Treasure Coast, i know of a place just North of all the hunting site's cheep , when i hunted in the Month's of May, the beaches were sanded in, never hunted their when the winter beach erosion happen's, when all the local's jump on the beach , and find the cob's , Take Craig down with you next year, he never saw , or hunted the sugar sand beaches :lol: that I know of , i am sure he would thank you, for getting him away from his wife for a few week's , have a good time in Feb. in Florida with those pirate's. PS I could see Craig in vision with Felix on a hot Zinc hunt now in Miami sugarsand :laughing: , Curt a video of that would be priceless howboutit :shock::lookclose::jawdrop::holycow::gettinmoney::waytogo:

Attachments

• P1000959.JPG
    P1000959.JPG
    151.9 KB · Views: 549
I’m an EE and I don’t get what has transpired with this detector. Some of you like 1.5fw and my detector was a joke with it and I took videos to show the issues. Then 1.75fw came out and I saw improvement but still issues. Then reload again 1.75fw and it’s better again but EMI may be worse. The main bummer was I didn’t get a chance to reload 1.5fw first. The behavior during all this is so crazy I wonder how Minelab engineers could really know where things stood during 1.75fw development.

I know a couple guys up here who have also rid themselves of the update.. they are happier for it Larry.... they said it was unstable and VDI's jumped too much for their liking.

Add me to your list. I too rolled it back because it was more stable when hunting in PARK mode.

For me hunting the surf where waves are crashing over the coil such as the beaches in Rhode Island the machine falsed on every wave with the old version. The new version ran much better.

Back
Top Bottom