Equinox 600 and Water hunting

Robm1093

So far I like my Equinox 600 it works very good in the dry and wet sand however when water hunting at the salt beach I am not doing that good. I don't seem to be finding much of anything, I feel like I am swinging way to slow in the water . The 11 inch coil has a lot of resistance in the water perhaps I need to get the smaller coil for water hunting? My second thought is I need to experiment with the settings when in the water. At this time I've been using the same settings in the water as I use for dry and wet sand perhaps this is the problem. I've been detecting for almost a year now and I'm learning water hunting in the surf is not easy, it beats the hell out of you and it's very slow going. The Equinox also seems very chattery in the water at the salt beac

The number of targets that you will find in the water will be far less than what you will find elsewhere. But the odds of a better target are slightly increased.

Most of the light weight stuff will be washed away and only the heavier targets will remain due to the movement of the water.

The problem I am seeing is the coil is way too big for water hunting in the surf the currents resistance make it very hard to swing the detective fast enough.

The problem I am seeing is the coil is way too big for water hunting in the surf the currents resistance make it very hard to swing the detective fast enough.

There is nothing wrong with the equinox coil. You may be trying to swing it too hard and fast, they dont need to be whipped back and forth.

If youre getting too much chatter in the water, make sure you are using mode Beach2. If that doesnt keep it stable then lower your sensitivity.

Back
Top Bottom