xterra 705 questions

shedigz

Elite Member
I took my 705 out today after a rain storm. I was getting tons of jumpy signals. But I also got a lot of signals in the 20's and 30's, are those signals I should be digging?

Also what's the best mode to hunt in? Some people say all metal, but I have been hunting in discrimination pattern 2. Should I be in all metal?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

I ran it in custom 1 all the time....I would follow the quick start directions and it seemed to work fine for me....even in my trashiest park, it ran as expected.

HDD

haha what happened to the atpro ?? You said three weeks ago your sending out silver coins to people if you dont have it this tine next year lol

To start with, the good signals should not be jumpy. The 705 is an extremely stable runner.
Learn the machine slowly....you have to crawl before you can run.

Yes, dig those 30+ ID's and learn what they are. Stuff in the upper 20's can be good, and gold can be anywhere, but to start with dig all clean clear consistent coin sized tones, and learn what I mean by that description. Go slow and focus on consistent repeatability.

To start with, the good signals should not be jumpy. The 705 is an extremely stable runner.
Learn the machine slowly....you have to crawl before you can run.

Yes, dig those 30+ ID's and learn what they are. Stuff in the upper 20's can be good, and gold can be anywhere, but to start with dig all clean clear consistent coin sized tones, and learn what I mean by that description. Go slow and focus on consistent repeatability.

+1

As far as patterns go, I run in Pattern 1 the biggest majority of the time. I also have Pattern 1 with nothing disc. out saved as Pattern 4. I go between the two in areas where there seems to be targets masked by iron.

I have a 505 and what I do is run disc patter 1, but I remove all of the disc. This way I get deeper targets than with all metal and the detector is constantly running as opposed to the all metal mode which is motion sensitive. Small gold and low carat gold is still tough to find, but I usually dig anything 30 and up. Most gold I've found (the bigger stuff at least) tends to show as a penny signal weirdly enough. If you know there are indians where you are, try digging anything 24-27 too. Just scan slowly, and I mean slowly, and also be sure to keep the coil very low to the ground. Signals get all bumpy when you hold the coil too high. Most importantly is always check your ground balance when you arrive at a new site or anytime the detector starts to freak out. Also, if your detector REALLY starts to sound crazy, change your batteries. I've had days that start out wonderful and then when I get to low battery the machine just starts lying to me and showing signals everywhere. Let me know if you're having any more trouble because I've had mine for a couple years now and consider myself an expert.

Back
Top Bottom