• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Predator Raven Model 25...snapped(Latest Update...It's back!!! 22 days later!)

LittleJohn

Elite Member
Was out relic hunting this past weekend in plowed fields and the handle on my 2 year old Raven snapped clean in two. This has been the best shovel I have ever used for detecting and I can't imagine not having it when I go detecting.

I sent it off for warranty repair and hope it doesnt take too long to get it back. Has anyone here ever dealt with this company as far as warranty repairs? Im afraid I am going to have to get another one as a backup...just feels wrong not having this shovel leaning in the corner ready to go detecting...:tissue:

E22230C3-3936-4838-8AB4-D6BAD1023CA2_zpslbpgvxld.jpg

Last edited:
I have the land shark as a backup but it is nothing like digging with my Raven...and the Raven is made by the same guy so I'm not understanding what you mean sir.

LittleJohn

If you mean me sir

What I am saying , I NEVER BROKE A 31 INCH SAMPSON SERRATED LESCHE BEFORE, that's what I am saying , maybe you might consider switching, since , YOUR'S BREAK, happy hunting, (38 years of LAND HUNTING) , have a nice day , sir, happy hunting, Earl

I am actually QUITE HAPPY with the Raven shovel. For the amount of digging I have done with this shovel, I'm impressed with its durability.

I like the nice clean holes I can dig with it, quick fast and in a hurry. I like the tip style because it works very nicely in cleaning out holes. There is nothing I dont like about the Raven, other than the fact that mine is out of comission at the moment.

I'll buy me another in the next week or so, so that I have a backup...just in case!

Back to my original question though...has anyone dealt with their warranty repair department, and if so what was your experience? Thanks

LittleJohn

well they have had it for several days and I haven't heard a word from them. Called them and they said they had received it and that they would repair and return it to me...today is the 15th of January...they received it on Monday the 6th of January. Must be a pretty intensive operation to replace a shovel handle.

They finally called today and said it would be finished by sunday the 19th . Then they should get it shipped sometime next week. which means I should have it for the weekend of the 25th.

Something about a shoulder injury...:no: Guess thats just how it goes.

LittleJohn

I wasn't doing anything differently than I had in the past with it. Cut a plug and went to pry it up and ka ching...snapped clean.

I am going through withdrawals not being able to dig with this shovel...it really does a nice job and i'll be glad when I get it back. I may try a sampson...but it's just so little, compared to the raven.

LittleJohn

those ravens are made out of hand forged heat tempered aircraft steel... how in the hell did you break that? lol

240 pounds pullin out a big plug....as I have done with it many times before...when it snapped it made a high pitched "tink" and there I stood in the middle of nowhere without a backup shovel in the truck.

I have a Land Shark Lesche that I used today and it worked really good for me. When I talked to these folks last week they said it would be repaired by today and shipped out sometime this week.

They received it January 6th....:foottap:

LittleJohn

My thoughts exactly! I got my piranha shovel and I don't see how in the world you can snap it

Sent from my LG-LS840 using Tapatalk

When I talked to these folks last week they said it would be repaired by today and shipped out sometime this week.

They received it January 6th....:foottap:

LittleJohn

they hand forge these shovels and heat temper them ONE AT A TIME, so do you want quality that will take some time or do you want quantity that is worthless?

Back
Top Bottom