• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

List of unhappy Garrett Propinpointer owners

Send it back to Garrett. Even if out of warranty they may replace it. Anything MANufactured is subject to problems.

Well, I will say this. Out of 8 Pro Pointers, I have had two go bad.
Garrett stood behind them both times. And yes, its very frustrating when they stop working.:no: For me, I simply could not hunt without one.

Send it back to Garrett. Even if out of warranty they may replace it. Anything MANufactured is subject to problems.
Im international customer, the length of time it would take to send it back, have it repaired or replaced and sent back,+ shipping!! 3 times !!!

My first lasted 3 years and is still going. I got a new one to replace it and it's got me worried.

My 3rd time out with it, noticed that it wouldn't come on about 3 times until I loosened the battery door and then fastened it. Think I oughta send it in?

I am glad I have the other one though!

i've got 2, my main one and another for backup. i don't know when i'll be putting the battery back into the backup unit, my main one is still going strong after 2 years. :roll:
but with as many as they seem to be selling, i'm not surprised there's the odd dud here and there. :yes:

i've got 2, my main one and another for backup. i don't know when i'll be putting the battery back into the backup unit, my main one is still going strong after 2 years. :roll:
but with as many as they seem to be selling, i'm not surprised there's the odd dud here and there. :yes:

Yea, my bad luck, 3 in a row, 100% fault rate!

Its one thing to have a problem with a product and post a review of customer service, but this is bordering trashing Garrett. I am a Minelab user and fan, so I'm not biased. I do own a Propointer, and it is the best thing since sliced bread.

On the take of customer service. I know of one hunter who lost his Propointer in his yard, ran it over with a lawn mower, and sent it back to them. A new one was sent to him. By Garrett. They stand by their products [even in extreme cases], and I have only heard of good things about their customer service department.

The OP is the first I have heard of some one thats unhappy with the Propointer too.

Is the thread an April fools joke?

if only all companies stood behind their products like Garrett does the world would be a better place.when i first started detecting i bought a used gtax 550 at a flea market it worked for a few weeks then it started having troubles.so i sent it in to see how much it would cost to repair it.they called said it could not be fixed but would be sending me a refurbished unit no charge.needless to say they have a customer for life.sorry about the long post just believe that GARRETT is a great company that stands behind their products.enough said

The OP is the first I have heard of some one thats unhappy with the Propointer too.

Is the thread an April fools joke?

There have been several people unhappy with the garrett pro pointer. Many complaints about them breaking and stop working.

I think these people assume since they pay 125.00 for a pin pointer that it should hold up.
Granted, Garrett WILL replace them "when" they break, but really, for the price of 125.00, some people would except a better quality product, not just "great replacement customer service"

I've had mine for a month now and I certainly wish it was more reliable. It doesn't act up every single time I use it but it does enough to get on my nerves.

I'm curious if anyone is having trouble with the Minelab pointers??????

Gotchya. I guess I am out of the loop on this. Did not know there was a fail rate.

+1 on this post.

There have been several people unhappy with the garrett pro pointer. Many complaints about them breaking and stop working.

I think these people assume since they pay 125.00 for a pin pointer that it should hold up.
Granted, Garrett WILL replace them "when" they break, but really, for the price of 125.00, some people would except a better quality product, not just "great replacement customer service"

Although I use the Minelab pointer and I am extremely satisfied it, I would have no problem getting a Garrett (actually i am looking for either a Minelab or garrett as a back up currently) I have heard/read nothing but good things about Garrett's pointer and their customer service 99.999% of the time.

Back
Top Bottom