detector brands - war of words

A choice

True Maxxkatt, thankfully we have a lot of choices when buying a detector. It does become a personal choice and rightfully so.

like all the stuff u write.getting the business from minelab convinced me to buy deus. But love all the information here.

I have no problem with someone’s opinions regarding which machine is better. Where I draw the line is commenting on someone’s intelligence in making such decisions. We are all different and this is what makes life interesting. Tolerance of other people’s choices and decisions has not always been observed by some and it is sad. People enjoy this hobby reguardless of what others think of their choice of detector as it should be. Is this not the “friendly” metal detecting forum?

If you're having fun then you have the right detector.

If someone else feels the need to convince you otherwise, then so be it. The harder they try, the more foolish they look because you're still having fun with your machine.

As a guitar player I realize that the skill of the player is a very important part of the equation for doing a good job, but I also realize even skill can only take you so far. A really good guitar/equipment also must be figured into the equation.

I think some are just trying to give their opinions on what they have encountered. Having many years on a detector has taught me a two things I see many repeat.
1. Yes the skill/time spent on any given detector plays a big role in success or failure in the hunt.
2. The detector does make a difference, and this is where we all have our own opinions based on experiences.

In the end it is the thrill of the hunt and find that we will talk about. The detector is just the tool we used at the time and can and will most likely vary.

No, you need to find a more sophisated means to snare. It might work. You never know.
Lol

Most who try to snare me wind up snaring themselves.

So don’t trap yourself. Be bad.

Speaking about snares and trapping...There was a similar debate between brands going on back in the 70's I recall...Victor longsprings or Blake&Lamb jumps? Oh the merriment of the feedstore debates between the trappers of that era! Technical differences, price, ease of use, in field performance, all the stuff we talk about now concerning Detectors! Then, Coil springs hit the market! Then Conibears showed up! Oh lord what a ruckus!

I think this is just a Mankind situation...We love to debate brands! Nike or Adidas? Coke or Pepsi? S&W or Ruger? Evinrude vs Honda? Paslode vs Bostich? Coors vs Budweiser! You think we are bad?

Good lord, dont let the Wimmen get involved! They will tell you! "Dammit! I told you to buy me a brick of LandOLakes butter not Fairlife!" Dammit! I told you to get a 12 pack of Charmin and not Scott!"..."What the hell were you thinking? You KNOW I dont go for a loaf of Wonder white! Its Hillbilly wheat you dumb bastard!":laughing:

Its the damndest thing! As long as I've been married...I know more about the differences in Prada vs Jimmy Choo than I do about Ford vs Chevy!:laughing:

Speaking about snares and trapping...There was a similar debate between brands going on back in the 70's I recall...Victor longsprings or Blake&Lamb jumps? Oh the merriment of the feedstore debates between the trappers of that era! Technical differences, price, ease of use, in field performance, all the stuff we talk about now concerning Detectors! Then, Coil springs hit the market! Then Conibears showed up! Oh lord what a ruckus!

I think this is just a Mankind situation...We love to debate brands! Nike or Adidas? Coke or Pepsi? S&W or Ruger? Evinrude vs Honda? Paslode vs Bostich? Coors vs Budweiser! You think we are bad?

Good lord, dont let the Wimmen get involved! They will tell you! "Dammit! I told you to buy me a brick of LandOLakes butter not Fairlife!" Dammit! I told you to get a 12 pack of Charmin and not Scott!"..."What the hell were you thinking? You KNOW I dont go for a loaf of Lumbercamp white! Its Hillbilly wheat you dumb bastard!":laughing:

Its the damndest thing! As long as I've been married...I know more about the differences in Prada vs Jimmy Choo than I do about Ford vs Chevy!:laughing:

Mud-puppy,
I have a grand idea for you.
You NEED a pod cast!!
I think you would have loads of listeners and guest.
I would definitely listen.
Humor can’t be taught.
I love it.

I think the only thing that could really lower the tone here is that wannabe idiot Gary Drayton chiming in here...lol

Matt

Good lord, dont let the Wimmen get involved! They will tell you! "Dammit! I told you to buy me a brick of LandOLakes butter not Fairlife!" Dammit! I told you to get a 12 pack of Charmin and not Scott!"..."What the hell were you thinking? You KNOW I dont go for a loaf of Wonder white! Its Hillbilly wheat you dumb bastard!":laughing:

Okay Mud, I know you get carried away sometimes, but Coors vs. Buttwiper beer. Get real. Next you'll be claiming that mamby-pamby "Lite" beer is better. Shame on you.

Mud-puppy,
I have a grand idea for you.
You NEED a pod cast!!
I think you would have loads of listeners and guest.
I would definitely listen.
Humor can’t be taught.
I love it.

yep the main reason i look at this forum is to read his stuff

... back in the 70's I recall...Victor longsprings or Blake&Lamb jumps? Oh the merriment of the feedstore debates between the trappers of that era! :

"that era".. thanks for making me feel old. My father preferred jumps my brother and I liked longsprings. I also liked taking a shot or two of his Evan Williams black before running my line before school

enough already !! Just make a detector that will ONLY detect coins at a foot deep regardless of whats around it and there would be way less arguing !! is that too much to ask ??

Back
Top Bottom