Short beach hunt

That looks like its stamped by the maker and not initials for an individual. There's a thread out there that references SEW..."SEW is patented Silver Elite precious metal created by Jostens. Unlike regular silver which turns black after a while, SEW does not do so. Turning black is the major factors most ring companies never could produce cheaper silver rings as opposed to gold rings."
Plus any initials I have seen would have been engraved in by some kind of tool and is clearly different. Sometimes it is really faint in a in one case I almost missed the initials of a ring I found. Good luck though, hope you find the owner.
Contact the school and ask them if they can give you the contact information for their Josten's vendor. Then contact the vendor and give them the pertinent details of the ring. What's on the panels, graduation year and size. They'll be able to match it up to the 1 person that lost it. They will probably have the contact information for the student that lost it and then you can have them tell the student to contact you if they don't want to share the info. If they don't have the contact info., once you get the name you can go back to the school and have them locate the student for you.
Thanks SS and Felix. Good information. I was being forced to the same conclusion about the SEW mark. Unfortunately there are no engraved initials. The school canvassed the students but found no one who'd lost a ring, class of 2019. As the stone is 'amethyst' (a February birthstone), they also checked the one girl with a February birthdate, and the ring was not hers. I'll get in touch with Jostens to see if they can help.
nice find good luck on return:D
Nice find, congrats on that! Hopefully you can find an owner.
That still is a great find I think, and a possible return would make it better. Good Luck and stay warm!
Thanks guys! I thought this would be easy, but it's getting curiouser and curiouser. :?:
A very nice class ring. Looks like a girls. The junk they make them from these days is crazy. To us, it is worthless. I have found many and returned many. No matter how much junk they are made from, it is that reward you get when you find the owner. Most of the time for me, it is the hugs and a new place to hunt. Sure makes you feel real good inside of you, even if they are junk. Good luck and make someone happy. KEN. :D
Thanks Ken. I'm determined to get this mystery solved!

good luck finding the owner, yes those rings are worthless to us pirates but priceless to the person that lost it. You would think it wouldn't be that difficult to find the owner. I had a similar situation and it was even the manager of the basketball team but neither the school or the public library had yearbooks from the year in question. Give it your best shot.

Back
Top Bottom