Williamsburg, VA

nickors

Hello friends! My family and I are headed to Williamsburg, Va on vacation this weekend. Would love to find some spots close to the area that you are actually allowed to hunt. If anybody has any ideas, don't be afraid to share ;p In the mean time, I shall continue my research :)

I just left Williamsburg, VA, you will be very hard pressed to find anywhere to MD; it is illegal. Everything is historic, your best chance is to door knock.

buell-ride, I'm looking at the Williamburg city code:

https://www.municode.com/library/va/williamsburg/codes/code_of_ordinances

The only prohibition I see of md'ing, is in the parks. Hence how would this apply to any other type land that is not a park ? Or how about private yards of folks ? Those are not city parks.

I read a part of their law that states you have to have written permission from someone to metal detect there. I think they want all historical items.

I read a part of their law that states you have to have written permission from someone to metal detect there....

Do you have the citation that says "written permission" required to md on private property (versus verbal being good enough ). And any citation that govt . gets all artifacts. I'm not seeing that anywhere either .

Talked to some locals, did some research, actually found a place to metal detect! Gonna try it out tomorrow, I'll let you guys know if I find anything!

GL/HH

Back
Top Bottom