Gold rings on X-terra 705

dumbdigger

Elite Member
I have gotten a few silver rings in the last dozen hunts or so.
This makes me want to find my first GOLD ring. It makes me thirsty for my first piece of GOLD.

What does a gold ring come up as on my X-terra 705? Assuming like a pull-tab? (16-18 target id) Depending on the size of the gold. I think I saw a chart somewhere. Thanks DD

Short answer:
Depending on size, mass, depth, orientation, and composition, it can come in anywhere from 4 to 40. A woman's small thin plain white gold band can be as low as 4, and a man's big fat chunky ring could be as high as 40.
Since MD designers assign ID values based on coin targets which are fairly standard and consistent. So non-standard inconsistent jewelry objects will ID all over the place.

Thanks longhair, knew I could count on ya. Ill be hunting for my first gold.
Hope to see it by the end of the season. HH DD

The class ring I found rang up 28 and didn't jump at all. Its about a medium size ring. A bigger mens ring will ring up higher most likely. That was using the stock concentric coil

I did some air testing today.

My 14k gold wedding band is rings like a nickel (14-16).

I was astonished when testing silver hoop earrings. 4 -10 and not consistent. This whole time I was discing out 6 and under. No wonder... Well, luckily this whole time has only been a month or so! :lol:

I tested a full range of gold rings n my 75, and depending on the karat, weight, and thickness of the ring they can fall from a solid 8 up to the 30's... You've just got to dig it all and hope for the best...

Back
Top Bottom