1st GOOD HUNT of the year

jerr-man

Forum Supporter
Finally had a day I could get out and hunt this year. Started off at a place I have hunted many times, but its close and I have a standing permission. Didn't find any silver but found the old wedding band. Was pretty slow going so I decided I would go hit a permission I had received right when winter started. I immediately started hitting coins. I ended up with $3.44 in clad. My first silver coin of the year was the 1959 Washington quarter. That tells me NOBODY has hit this area before, with all the clad and its hard to miss a quarter. It was about 6" deep. Didn't go 20 feet and got a hard 12/43 on the 3030. Sounded too good especially since it showed 7" deep. Dug out the 1927 Merc !!! Wahooo !!!!! Double silver ! Starting to get dark so working my way back to the truck, got another GREAT 12/43 signal. Out comes the 1964 Roosevelt dime. (3) SILVER day !!! Not far away I hit the 1956 Wheatie, about 9" deep, right next to the side walk. Now I wished I hadn't of wasted the couple hours at the first place. I will be revisiting this site since I didn't even make it out of the curb strip. ANTICIPATION, ANTICIPAAAAATION !!!!! I hunted in Coins / Ground Coin, Fast On, Combined tones.

Attachments

• 03172019 hunt.jpg
    03172019 hunt.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 315
  • 03172019 hunt2.jpg
    03172019 hunt2.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 200
congrats on the awesome silvers. I am still waiting for my first rosie & silver GW.

That is a very fine outing in anybody's book Jerry. Congrats on the Silver GW, the Merc and the Rosie. Nice clad total to go along with it. Trapper

Congrats on the silver. Finally getting warm days I'm ready to get out.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

congrats on the awesome silvers. I am still waiting for my first rosie & silver GW.

Trade ya a Rosie for one of your Injuns lol

That is a very fine outing in anybody's book Jerry. Congrats on the Silver GW, the Merc and the Rosie. Nice clad total to go along with it. Trapper

Congrats on the silver. Finally getting warm days I'm ready to get out.

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

What a fantastic hunt! Three silvers, a wheat cent, & a ring - :wow2:

Congrats on three silvers. Good day for you!

Thank You

Big Congrats! Finding deep clad coins at an old site tells me that I'm on virgin ground and to keep pounding away. Finding a few wheat pennies makes me happy as well.

beephead

Big Congrats! Finding deep clad coins at an old site tells me that I'm on virgin ground and to keep pounding away. Finding a few wheat pennies makes me happy as well.

beephead

Thank You beephead,
I agree and I will be heading back to this site first chance I get. More to come (I hope)

Back
Top Bottom