My first silver Quarter - Washington

GroundSweeper

Forum Supporter
Went on a lunch hour hunt today in the rain :cool:

Found my first silver quarter ever, 1937 Washington.

Also found three wheat cents; 1939-S, 1942-S and 1947-S.

Otherwise 41¢: 6 Lincoln cents, 2 nickels, 1 clad quarter, and the rest: one pull tab ring, a blob of must be aluminum, pencil cap, bolo tie end piece, rusty nail, screw cap and a al can lid.

Attachments

• 3343CB5A-32DE-4020-8161-DD52BFBF0C2B.jpg
    3343CB5A-32DE-4020-8161-DD52BFBF0C2B.jpg
    172.4 KB · Views: 375
  • 63845DD5-EABB-4AE7-85F1-DE42E6E7C044.jpg
    63845DD5-EABB-4AE7-85F1-DE42E6E7C044.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 366
  • 1851CDE1-9801-4301-BF59-44C469D8CA60.jpg
    1851CDE1-9801-4301-BF59-44C469D8CA60.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 331
Nice job! Same ballfield youve been hammering?

Ive been chomping at the bit to get back out. The rain looks like its going to let up thurs/fri...

Congrats on the silver GW! Still looking for my first. I've got a couple more months of frozen ground before I can get back out.

That is so Awesome !!

you missed an SLQ by only a couple years !!

looks like you are starting to tear it Up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks SoOregon! "a couple years"?? 7 is more than a couple! :lol: but man wouldn't that be a kicker to find! I was thinking I need a Barber and a Seated now, forgot about the SL :lol:

Told ya your silver counts gonna be huge this year.lol..Congrats

Just a bit of luck woodbutcher! May it continue on!

Nice job! Same ballfield youve been hammering?

Ive been chomping at the bit to get back out. The rain looks like its going to let up thurs/fri...

Yeah, same place, can't believe it, been there many a time before with the Compadre without a silver or a wheat.

Great find!!!! Cant' wait to get out and see if I can snag one!!!

Thanks! Go get 'em when you can! :)

Last edited:
Congrats on the silver GW! Still looking for my first. I've got a couple more months of frozen ground before I can get back out.

I think the Nox will help with your quest, I really do.

I was in Park 1, 50 tones on the Nox. Noise cancelled but otherwise default save for 50 tones. The signal wasn't super clear, but had the quarter sound and number mixed in there, it was pretty deep.

OK Sweeper....you’ve been around here since 2013,correct? You’ve had the 800 how long and you found your first silver quarter? Do you think there is a link? Is it simple chance? And do you feel it gives you some kind of edge over your previous machines,and if so,how?
Remember that sight in the soil,if there’s one,it has friends. Where they are is unknown for now, but your area has them,and that’s a sweet one!

OK Sweeper....you’ve been around here since 2013,correct? You’ve had the 800 how long and you found your first silver quarter? Do you think there is a link? Is it simple chance? And do you feel it gives you some kind of edge over your previous machines,and if so,how?
Remember that sight in the soil,if there’s one,it has friends. Where they are is unknown for now, but your area has them,and that’s a sweet one!

I've had the 800 for 2 months IDX.

There is 100% a link. I've been to this location many times with my Compadre. Never found silver or a wheat.

I believe the Nox gives me more depth and possibly unmasking along with more information about my target to evaluate it. This did not give me a straight quarter signal. It was a jumpy signal but had enough 30 tones in there to entice me, especially since I found two silver dimes there two days ago with similar jumpy signals albeit 25-28 range I believe!

I'll be back there for sure over and over again and hope to find more :)

Back
Top Bottom