make mine a double!

007tallguy

Elite Member
i'm on vaca this week and besides doing some other little projects, i've been hitting the sands as well.
i didn't really find much to brag about over the weekend, some clad, a few more dinky toys, a small silver pendant, a hammer/hatchet multi-tool thingy in the sand, etc....
was out again bright and early this morning and scored gold, not once but twice!! that's a first for me! :shock:
my first target turned out to be a gold band. it's not stamped with a carat rating but my trusty acid revealed to me that it's 14K! it weighed in at 3.9 grams. :thumbsup:
target number two initially looked like a ring and i suppose in a way, it is.... it's a 10K earring. i'm not sure if the pic is clear enough, but you may be able to see the 10k stamp on the piece across the top. although it "looks" big, the way it's made, it's hollow and not a whole lot of weight, only came in at 0.7 grams, but heck, i'll take it, hehe. ;)
also found a mesh type of bracelet that i thought might be silver, but a close look-see with the 10x loop shows it's plated copper and magnetic fasteners on the ends of it. still a cool find though. :yes:

thanks for looking,

Pete :cool:

Attachments

• IMAG1272.jpg
    IMAG1272.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 426
  • IMAG1273.jpg
    IMAG1273.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 412
  • IMAG1280.jpg
    IMAG1280.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 407
  • IMAG1278.jpg
    IMAG1278.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 420
  • IMAG1275.jpg
    IMAG1275.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 413
Good for you!

Keep swinging and it comes. I used to fly from Halifax to sable island three twice daily in the 70's. How ever I did not metal detect then.

Keep swinging and it comes. I used to fly from Halifax to sable island three twice daily in the 70's. How ever I did not metal detect then.

right on! yeah, i've often wondered what kinds of things would a person be able to find out there.
my big bro makes several trips out that way every year, but not to the actual island, he does service work on the drilling rig out near the island.

thank you all! :D

Very nice!! Cool pictures too! :yes:

those were taken with my HTC One phone but it's hard to get good close-ups. i'm surprised that 10k even showed up in that pic.

Do you hunt the salt water or fresh

easiest answer: yes. ;)

and here's a time lapse vid that i did while detecting this morning. i thought i might see a nice sunrise this morning, but as you can tell, the clouds decided to take over.

Very nice hunt! The water must be getting cold up there by now...

I was knee deep Sunday morning and it wasn't too bad at all, still lots of people swimming! And I gotta say, that water hunting is quite a workout! I've done a bit of fresh water hunting, but add some little swells, a sloping shore and a changing tide, it makes for a nice challenge, lol.

Cool finds 007! Like the time lapse. So when are we going to see a hovercraft video of you on the beach? :lol:

LOL! I don't have a hovercraft as of yet, but I am in the process of building a little rov for underwater photography. :)
That same cam I used for the time lapse is good for 33 feet deep and even has underwater settings to make colors look more natural as opposed to being all blue. It'll also fit my quadcopter, but it's heavier than the gopro and I don't get a lot of flight time with it attached. :(
Maybe next time I'm out, I can shaft mount it on the atp and try for a couple of live digs. :)

Back
Top Bottom