.925, 14K and Ice?

007tallguy

Elite Member
i was up before the birds today and headed off to beach for a little bit of searching. the tide was fairly low and on the rise, but i still had a couple of hours before the high tide and basically had the beach all to myself for over 2 hours.
a lot of rocks were exposed up around the "dry sand" area and seaweed everywhere, but that didn't stop me. :D
within 10 minutes i had my first coin, a Canadian Loonie (dollar coin). hit a few more clad coins for a total of $1.26.... which almost paid for my coffee this morning, haha.
i kept on working the dry sand and hit one iffy little signal right where the wooden steps lead from the road to the beach. i was getting very confused readings on the actual depth of the item, and a big blob of seaweed just happened to be right there in the way but... persistance and the Pro Pointer solved the mystery for me.... a tiny little earring stud thingy!
ok, maybe not so tiny. my jaw dropped when i saw the ROCK in this thing! the stud is stamped .925, so i don't have any doubt about the silver, but as for that HUGE rock in it, most likely a CZ as i can't really picture anyone putting a stone that large in a silver setting, nor wearing a diamond of that size at a beach around here, lol.

skip ahead a half hour or so, tide is getting fairly high and i'm almost ready to leave and another small but strong signal. low and behold, i see YELLOW!!! i recover a tiny little "Die" pendant from a necklace. i strained the heck out of my eyes and sure enough --->> 14K....!!! it's hollow and after i shook the sand out of it, it's just under 1 gram. not very big, not very heavy, but hey... it's still gold! oh, and i looked and looked and no sign of the actual chain. :(
i tried a few close-up. sorry they're not the greatest quality, but you get the idea. :D (a penny and dime there for size reference)

thanks for reading,

Pete

Attachments

• Sept1 11 014.jpg
    Sept1 11 014.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 393
  • Sept1 11 017.jpg
    Sept1 11 017.jpg
    168 KB · Views: 394
  • Sept1 11 021.jpg
    Sept1 11 021.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 392
  • Sept1 11 025.jpg
    Sept1 11 025.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 415
  • Sept1 11 048c.jpg
    Sept1 11 048c.jpg
    178 KB · Views: 398
Cool finds, nice job on the silver and gold, that charm is pretty cool!

I'll be glad if I find enough clad to replenish my batteries for the week. I drink tons of coffee and would have to hunt all day long to find my worth. Nice dice charm.

thanks for the comments guys! :D
yeah, it's weird, but did you ever have one of those days when you get to your hunting spot and you somehow know or feel like today is the day for something good? ;)
i'll be hitting a different beach tomorrow morning, hopefully with s'more great results. lol, maybe this one will be a "ring" beach for me. :lol:

Nice dice! All my life I never cared for jewelery or appreciated the diversity of that stuff, until I started to dig. It is great entertainment to find something different every time. You did good!!!

Nice dice! All my life I never cared for jewelery or appreciated the diversity of that stuff, until I started to dig. It is great entertainment to find something different every time. You did good!!!

Well said and it's the same with me. I'm often staring at people's jewelry
and admiring if it's nicely crafted, wondering about its weight, karet if gold,
what it would sound like bouncing in my scoop. :grin:

GOOD JOB AGENT 007

Well said and it's the same with me. I'm often staring at people's jewelry
and admiring if it's nicely crafted, wondering about its weight, karet if gold,
what it would sound like bouncing in my scoop. :grin:

GOOD JOB AGENT 007

i'm getting BAD for that too!! :yes: i'll even say (to people i know) about how nice their ring would sound on my MD! :lol::lol:

and thank you all for the great comments! :D let's just say i couldn't have done it without my 250. ;)

That dice is AWESOME!

It's actually good that it's hollow. If it was solid, I'm sure it would have been plated.

One gram of gold is worth $55+

Back
Top Bottom