Pewter Spoon Info

RF1

Found this pewter spoon at an old home site that seems to be civil ware era. Unfortunately, I stabbed it with my shovel. Only ID feature I can see is the heart shape on the back. Anyone have any info? Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_20190313_184425735.jpg
    IMG_20190313_184425735.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 351
  • IMG_20190313_184435948.jpg
    IMG_20190313_184435948.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 371
I have searched for anything about this spoon or even something similar and have come up empty handed so far:?:, but This is my kind of treasure, so
I'm going to keep looking, I wish it had a makers mark or some other kind of markings.

Ill let you know if I come up with anything!!!:yes:

Chances are you will never know much about the origin of your pewter spoons.
Pewter spoon molds were quite common and as soon as a family could afford
a set they became part the cooking utensils. Spoons didn't last because of the soft material so the molds were used frequently. Back then tin, copper, lead and other low temp. minerals were relatively easy to obtain. If they didn't have the right % of each.... aaaah hell that's close enough.... pour it.... :yes:

Thanks Rebel. I did a lot of Googling, but came up empty.
QUOTE=RebelProspector;3081767]I have searched for anything about this spoon or even something similar and have come up empty handed so far:?:, but This is my kind of treasure, so
I'm going to keep looking, I wish it had a makers mark or some other kind of markings.

Ill let you know if I come up with anything!!!:yes:[/QUOTE]

Thanks very interesting. I did not know some were made on site. Looks kind of rough and home made to me...

Chances are you will never know much about the origin of your pewter spoons.
Pewter spoon molds were quite common and as soon as a family could afford
a set they became part the cooking utensils. Spoons didn't last because of the soft material so the molds were used frequently. Back then tin, copper, lead and other low temp. minerals were relatively easy to obtain. If they didn't have the right % of each.... aaaah hell that's close enough.... pour it.... :yes:

Back
Top Bottom