What are some good So. California beaches to hunt?

Bajanick

Elite Member
I really would like to do some beach hunting but dont know which beach I should try. Could someone recommend some beach`s in So. Cal.?
I know I could simply go to any local spot but maybe someone knows what ones might be worth while.
Thanks.

Re: What are some good So. Cal. beaches to hunt?

If your talking about california I've done some hunting on imperial beach it's close to the mexican border and not that populated which is hard to find on the southern beaches.

I grew up in San Diego and any of the beaches there are good you can try ocean beach there's an inlet there when the tides goes out there's alot of area to cover.

Yea, near LA but the beaches seem to be, ummmm, whats a polite way of saying dirty and unsafe? LOL. Anyway, I was thinking of malibu or somewhere like that thats not privately owned.

Hi,

I am new to this forum and the hobby.I live in Southern Orange County and I was wondering if there are any regulations to beach hunting? I am very new to the hobby and I am looking to start off with an affordable detector (under $200). I was told of a website that gives rules and regulations on beachs in Cali, but I was wondering if anyone else knows from first hand experience. I live near Mission Viejo California, but I can drive to many of the beaches along PCH. Thanks for the help.

What Robin D. said. Santa Monica, Zuma, Redondo, Sunset. All are good

Gary

Sorry I should have said that Mission Viejo is much farther south. It is in Orange County. South orange county. Sorry If I was unclear. Thanks for the help.

I don't know the MV area very well, but Newport Beach isn't far away. And Sunset Beach is very close to Huntington Beach. I never hunted either when I lived there, but I can say for sure there are some big bucks that visit Sunset on the weekends.

Gary

I don't know the MV area very well, but Newport Beach isn't far away. And Sunset Beach is very close to Huntington Beach. I never hunted either when I lived there, but I can say for sure there are some big bucks that visit Sunset on the weekends.

Gary

Ok I will look into that thanks.

Go to Oceanside, the jarheads are always droppin stuff in the surf. Oh and if you find a 1973 HS ring with Rick on the side, give it back! HH Rick

Back
Top Bottom