• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

dried up creek beds?

ebone581

Elite Member
Wondering if anyone has had any luck hinting a once was creek? If so, any luck? Any tips? Thanking in advance and a good day to you guys n gals!

river detecting

Wondering if anyone has had any luck hinting a once was creek? If so, any luck? Any tips? Thanking in advance and a good day to you guys n gals!

i have detected in small rivers with my minelab excailbur 1000 its ok but you get alot of junk but you might find some coins only found bits of old car last time i did it but good luck on it :p

I've come to the conclusion that anywhere is a good place to hunt. I have
hunted dry washes in the desert & found objects although never any coins
yet. The most obscure places are sometimes the best.

dried up beds (or almost dried up) can be a great place for coins/trinkets/jewelry, bottles/cans and a plethora of everything else. I know a guy who dives for bottles and such and he always comes up with jewelry, face pipes and bottles like crazy.
I'm in the midst of digging a creek next to a hotel from the 1800's and it's finally down to less than 1" of water..sadly the muck still hasn't firmed up so that's 1' deep...In the muck there are bottles actually worth slopping for...

GL in there. Be safe and give us some eye candy on your finds!

Ohh I love the obscure places. Often never hunted before. I'm gonna try it a lil later in fall. A bit overgrown right now. I was just wondering of any success or mega fail stories

I walked along a river that had a low water level, it was still flowing but where I walked was normally under 1' or more of water so I was out on gravel. Only thing I found was 2 clad pennies and they were still shiny so they hadn't been there long. I did find an old pocket knife encrusted in muck that wasn't even worth cleaning up. I walked downstream of a bridge/waterfall from what was back in the day a factory now condo's. I did see old bricks, got some junky metal items. I'd love to find a reservoir that's low or be able to hunt under a bridge that may produce coins.

In the old days, before there were a lot of developed roads & bridges, people drove their wagons & tractors across creeks at low water crossings. Lots of room for error there. Ask around, lots of the old timers & decendants remember using them on their farms.

I have hunted dried creeks

Not much luck a couple clad coins but did get a bit of copper and brass for the scrap bucket.Some of my best finds have come from woods I look at an area and think ware other may not have stuck a coil over.I pulled a 1871 seated dime from the middle of a woods in a near by town,A 1943 walking half
in a woods in a park.Anyware is a good place to detect back to 200 years ago
we have no real idea what went on and wear people passed through on a regular basis.I like to think outside the box and don't always take the easiest route cause thats what most others with a MD will do take the easiest route.

Back
Top Bottom