More relics

HistoryStudent

These are my finds from a couple of weeks ago. I only got around to cleaning them this weekend so I had almost forgotten what I had found. Most of these items are from World War I, found in an area that was heavily surrounded by nettles and blackberry brambles that I fought through to get to a hidden open area with soft, loamy soil. I found lots of relics but almost no coins - just one wheat penny. The buttons are all of the skinny-neck WWI type.
uploadfromtaptalk1463421431257.jpg
My first signal of the day! A WwI hat pin.
uploadfromtaptalk1463421474667.jpg
Signal number 2! A WWI collar disk.
uploadfromtaptalk1463421487757.jpg
Three WWI collar disks total
uploadfromtaptalk1463421503625.jpg
Two hat pins
uploadfromtaptalk1463421512400.jpg
This is part of a Rocky Mountain Rangers pin that read "kloche nanitch" which means ever watchful. It's Canadian militia/national guard unit out of Kamloops, BC. I'm not sure of the date but I contacted the Canadian military archives to see if they have any record of this unit training at this Fort. I haven't heard from them yet.
uploadfromtaptalk1463421521745.jpg

The bullet casings all date from between 1905 to 1917. Mostly FA and RA but one that says something that looks like US OCO Mod which I couldn't find anything about.

The bullet casings all date from between 1905 to 1917. Mostly FA and RA but one that says something that looks like US OCO Mod which I couldn't find anything about.

It is US Cartridge Company, US CCO, that is why you couldn't find information on it. I believe there should be an 06 after the 'Mod' but I am not sure.

Thanks for the compliments, folks! I love hunting at that place because I always know that I'm going to find something interesting. I can hit the same spots over and over and find great stuff every time. But I'll tell ya, I work my butt off for it and that's a fact. I go in clean and leave filthy and exhausted down to my bones, and I love every minute of it.

Back
Top Bottom